Requesting advice on usefulness of workshop on repairing pins

It’s my dream to build a pinball machine, and there’s a nearby class that may be relevant. I bought the book that cones w this course mentioned below, and the only man I know who built his own pin, five in all, said the book was dated.

Knowing very little about their inner workings, I don’t know where to begin. I’ve been a software programmer for twenty years and heard good things about Raspberry Pi. Is that compatible w this? I’m tempted to go to get my hands dirty, but the cost needs considered if I couldn’t use the knowledge gained. I doubt this course’d give me sufficient exp to be a paid repairman so I see it as an opportunity to invest in learning how to engineer my own pin.

Thank you kindly in advance.
Brent

If I were building a pin today I’d use the Multimorphic platform.

http://pinballmakers.com/ is the best place to start. If you’re looking to chat with other homebrew and industry designers and maybe get some advice, try pindev.slack.com. You’ll need an invite for the latter, shoot me a pm with your email if interested.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Gottlieb Quick Draw ball advance issue: tech help?