PAPA 18 Discussion

This isn’t directly related to PAPA 18, but the results for PAPA 17 seem to have been “eaten” by the live standings link. Are those results elsewhere that I haven’t found yet?

1 Like

I couldn’t find them during 18. They had been at papa.org/live, but looks like they weren’t moved to some sort of finale page. I tried all the pages I could think of … was making guesses about where people’s entries would land at the end of qualifying.

1 Like

I’m of the opinion that code should not be updated in the middle of a tournament.

Code wasn’t updated in the middle of the tournament at PAPA 18; new code was used from start to finish, and the same new code was available for public practice play.

I agree that game code should not be updated in the middle of a tournament.

1 Like

Fyi, the old PAPA software did list the number of voided tickets, but did not list the scores from those tickets.

1 Like

My mistake, I thought I had read that Star Trek was updated after qualifying but before the finals.

That being said, I’m curious to know what would be done if a critical, exploitable bug was found in something in the middle of a tournament, and a code update is known to fix it. Do you just press on, do you fix the bug and let everyone know? Do you fix the bug and treat it as a “new” machine, thereby invalidating old scores?

Just wanted to note, that if people were unaware, but you COULD submit partial entries at this years papa, without playing all your games and they counted.

I have plenty of partial calssics and A bank entries I submitted with 2-3 games on the entire ticket.

Mid-run you could go to the void/complete ticket screen, and just complete the ticket instead of voiding. There wasn’t anything bad about this, sometimes you knew it was a burnt ticket, but there was maybe a score you wanted to submit. Rather than wasting time and plunging out a few games of crap, you could just go ahead and submit.

-cAyle

2 Likes