Mobile Camera Rig: Plans and Materials

@kdeangelo do you have a BOM for what you ordered please? don’t want to experiment too much with shipping to the UK :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Neil.

Ok, put my BOM together since there’s a sale. My BOM.

360 + 50 shipping? stiff! and there is no caster on that BOM right? that and all the material that’s a pretty expensive Guillotine!

I haven’t been able to make the numbers work with another portable rig.

I’ve either researched a solution that barely saves you any money and isn’t as convenient, or it much more expensive.

After drooling over Karl’s portable rig at FPF I decided to make my own.
I wanted to try and make one that was inexpensive and very portable as I New I would need to get through doorways and had to do it relatively quick. I also wanted to be able to get between games that were next to each other head to head and could go from standard to widebody fast (old Bally’s). I also wanted to have the cameras in place like Karl’s so I didn’t have to do too much adjusting on the fly with the exception of changing scoring from a DMD type game to a 4 player early SS.

I took 2 mic stands and basically made this.

Obviously the picture of paragon I have the bar low and not what someone would stream at. Just wanted to show that the height is adjustable because I used the mic stands.

I did a test video so you can see it in action.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/337352891

The quality of the test video was garbage as I was testing the limits of my wireless HDMI through walls and I had my computer and mic 2 rooms over. The video shows me moving it from paragon to Dialed In. I was really testing it out as I made the rig that morning and was streaming a tournament the next day.
It’s not pretty but it works good and was pretty inexpensive.

The stream went well and the portable rig worked great.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/337620958

A couple of times I forgot to go back to my computer and put the camera moving scene on. You can actually watch me moving the rig from game to game. lol

Thanks Karl!

annoyingly they look like they ship internationally but when you check out and put the address in it defaults to collect at depot :frowning: :angry:

They have a local disty but knowing british effort/service levels I’m not holding out too hopeful!