Match Multi-Play format? (NWPAS satellite) How did it go?

Nope, you have that wrong. It’s like having four diamonds adjacent to each other. Take your bat in one game. Then as soon as you’re done there, go to the next diamond where you’re the 3rd batter. Then go to the 3rd diamond where you’re the 5th batter, bat there. It’s quite the opposite of taking one pitch then sitting down. As far as ruining continuity, it’s actually having the opposite impact … I’ve already seen dramatic improvement in performance of some players as they get better at making one ball count, and being able to adjust to a different feel of a game in one ball, instead of in 2 or 3 balls. I guess that just means Seattle players will get that much better :). Many people were skeptical of the format when we first tried it, and that’s why it was experimental in three tournaments during the NWPAS satellite series. Based on more positive than negative feedback and an increasing number of attendees when we used that format, the format has been used in a few other tournaments since then, and the organizers of NWPC have independently decided to also use that format for their promotional tournament series. Most players enjoy it, and most agree this is a tourney format to use sometimes, but not all the time.

Seems a lot easier to cheat.

1 Like

Wow. When does the usual Wed 3 strikes event typically finish? :open_mouth:

You’re absolutely right. It was the match play portion that slowed that night down. Whoops. Sorry Multi-Play!

And ugh that BK2K game.

Between 1-2am… constant 40-50 people starting at 9PM, it is rough!

I want to run some multi-matchplay finals is there any easy way to use single-player EMs?

not really, best is to have all the same 4 players 3 balls games so it all plays in parallel. At least single players EM usually go pretty fast even if only played as a standalone at the end…

3 Likes

If you’re using this for qualifying how do you deal with 3 player groups?

i usually run normal matchplay for qualifying then take top 8 or 16 for multiplay finals.

1 Like