Let's talk about WCS '94

Yes - this is possible
In fact, one of my achievements for WCS is starting multi ball at seed 15, and determined this was the only way to do it. Sure enough, it worked!

1 Like

Would you mind spelling out how to start at seed 15? Iā€™m getting confused. Just out of curiosity. Since everyone is saying you need to lock a ball to lite final draw. So do you only get the 4 seed boost for a SECOND locked ball?

Starting multi ball on ball 3 from Striker award is the only way to do it that I know of.

2 Likes

OHHHHHHH I see. Cool! Ok that makes sense.

Also requires not getting any goals, ha (or maybe one)

SO very much a pity award. I THINK I have been in situations where I canā€™t get the ball under control after a plunge and drained quickly. So I think this would be advice if you mess up TERRIBLY both balls 1 and 2 and this is your hail mary!! WHich is something I OFTEN need!

So, if you do it this way, if there is a ball in lock it is 3 ball and if not 2 ball?

Not sure, I assume it just spits out the locked ball and you start multi ball that way? Or it could serve up a new ball and just always juggle one ball in the lock. Now I want to try thisā€¦

Isnā€™t it better to start at a lower seed in multiball so that you have more opportunities at jackpots? Is it possible to start your first multiball and already be at Germany?

Oh god no, its just a funny thing to do. The jackpot values are so top-heavy that I would always rather skip forward as quickly as possible.

Probably! That would be a fun goal. I think the highest I have ever started multiball 1 was seed 9.

1 Like

Not really. The highest few jackpot values are WAY higher than the othersā€¦ and once you finish Germany, you get Victory Laps that are more valuable than most of the low jackpot levels. What you say might work if you could ā€œguaranteeā€ making the 30 or so shots to get to Germany without draining the MB, but of course in practice it doesnā€™t usually work that way.

Yes, itā€™s possible to have Germany as your first opponent.

1 Like

ā€œ#DemarRulesā€

1 Like

Here are the JP Values. Two goals bumps you a level. Locking a ball bumps you 4 levels so it seems likeā€¦some of these seeds youā€™d never seeā€¦ unless like I said that first ball you lock doesnā€™t bump you 4 levels. I am assuming itā€™s only locking a SECOND ball that bumps you the 4 levels.

#15 USA 20M
#14 Russia 20M
#13 South Korea 25M
#12 Saudi Arabia 30M
#11 Morocco 35M
#10 Austria 40M
#9 Canada 45M
#8 Holland 50M
#7 Italy 55M
#6 Great Britain 60M
#5 Sweden 65M
#4 Spain 70M
#3 Australia 75M
#2 France 100M
#1 Germany 250M

Can you lock two balls?

No, once there is one physically locked the only option is to hit the scoop to start MB, at which point your third ball will kick out in the plunger lane to be plunged before the ball in the scoop and ball in the lock release.

1 Like

Ok so under what circumstances can you start a MB at seedā€¦13 if locking a ball jumps you to seed 11 and you must lock a ball to light final draw? Or does that first one bump you? I am just trying to sort through all this craziness so thank you for your patience.

Dawg, I didnā€™t know anything about the seeding until you started this thread, so Iā€™m in the same boat with you, understanding-wise. If what has been shared here is true, I would assume that any seed below 11 could be accomplished with scoring a few goals (someone said 2 goals = +1 seed?) and starting MB on ball 3 through the Striker pity MB award without ever locking a ball.

3 Likes

I was testing you. That is the correct answerā€¦until someone corrects us. Thanks!

3 Likes

I find all of this talk incredibly fun! SOme of these ā€˜oldā€™ games have some pretty cool rules. and I love knowing all of them so I can make a decision in any given situation.

Neil Shatz taught me the importance of collecting cities on WCS. The left orbit is usually a safe shot and completing the upper rollovers collects cities. Thatā€™s what I recommend for noobs stepping up to WCS. Go for cities (ramps and left orbit).

Has anybody mentioned that the scoop shot to start MB is often easier from a backhand shot? (with the ball cradled first)