Games to exploit playfield validation

The two most memorable ones for me are Cayle telling me about hitting multiple super skill shots on a single ball on FG at CAEX years ago, and ZSharpe on Jackbot in IFPA '18 soft plunging, hitting the shield for a mega-visor shot, then draining and repeating over and over.

4 Likes

Except for when the drain after the sling/sling festivities is via the outlane switch :frowning:
Speaking of which, does a Jackbot outlane switch always validate, even if it’s the 1st or 2nd unique switch?

1 Like

JackBot inlanes and outlanes don’t insta-validate, so you can sling-outlane drain and get the ball back, for example! (JB does use your ball save even on zero-switch drains, but the PF is invalid and you can still 3-switch it from there).

1 Like

Same on TAF if you plunge just a little too hard and ball comes down the right side.

1 Like

Old FunHouse ROMs were brutal for playfield validation. I remember having Quick Multiball lit on the mirror and trying a short plunge to right inlanes for a clean mirror shot, only to have the ball take a bad bounce to the right outlane and go straight to bonus.

I’m pretty sure that’s fixed in later ROMs, and certainly the home ROM, but that’s a rough drain akin to piston lane feeding the left outlane on Metallica.

1 Like