**Announcing the Allentown Certified Stern Pro Circuit Tournament - May 6-7, 2022**

Please use this pre-registration link to create your account and pin number. When you show up you’ll just need to pay for your entries. It will save a lot of time: Pinfest IFPA Tournaments

Will this event be streamed? Streamer name if yes? :slight_smile:

The current Volley high score of 1.6 million is not correct right?

1 Like

Score looks to be fixed now!

Backhand Pinball

2 Likes

Just curious, was it announced in advance that all playoff banks would be 1 modern and 2 classics? If not, when were players made aware? I only saw mention of banks being comprised of “all eras” which I would generally expect as a new/mid/old mix. Seems nitpicky, I know, but that’s a detail l personally like to know before a tournament. Especially with only 12 total qualifying attempts and no repeats it would encourage me to feel out more classics since they were 2/3 of each playoff bank.

Looks like the event was a success, kudos to the organizers and thanks to all who made the stream happen. It was nice to pop in and watch some of the games today.

They used the average game time from neverdrains qualifying to put together banks that added up to the same total play time, so if you had one really long game in a bank you’d get two shorter ones…

But yeah it was weird seeing so many banks with 2 EMs in the finals of a non classics tournament. Probably could have done modern / ss / EM and would have been very similar time wise.

SS: algar, dragon fist, Harlem, Mata Hari, Viking
EM: jungle princess, volley, Aztec

Ha, weird there was only 3 EMs… felt like more

Had the expected games arrived and worked the all eras plan would have been more feasible but if you look at the announced game list in this thread compared to the games that survived for the tournament you’ll see around a 30-year age gap between the classics and moderns. Finding reliable sources of games built between 1980-2010 is something to improve upon in the future!

3 Likes

Allentown results:

A Division:

Jason Zahler
Levi Nayman
Eric Stone
Zach Frey
(with TD Greg Poverelli)

B Division-
Adam Robinson
Gary Hartz
Kengtai Ko
Steven Zahler

(pic to come hopefully)

Ladies:
Anna Wolk
Lindsey Rhoades
Amy Plamondon
Kaite Martin
B6CA38B3-88D5-4429-9B36-7321C6CD2C17

Kids:
Olympia Bruce Wolk-Eisenberg (Olympia is now undefeated in her professional pinball career)

And me interviewing Channel 69 News’ own Ali Reid

Signed Final Four banner to become an Allentown tradition?

Thanks to everyone who volunteered, brought games, and attended the show and tournament. We managed a full boost WPPR fest Stern Pro Circuit tournament in only two relatively short days, without long lines or other logistical issues, and were done well before the “we are cutting off the power” threats that would have materialized had we got close to 9pm. We’ll get together and review the feedback later and discuss possible tweaks but as a 20-year vet of the Allentown show who has attended many of the tournaments there I was very happy how it turned out.

It’s a great old-school pinball show and fun tournament so if you didn’t make the trip definitely consider coming next year.

5 Likes

Right…we had a Whirlwind and Space Station that were supposed to be in the mix, but unfortunately both showed up DOA, and nobody else offered up anything of that era.

Any tournament is at the mercy of the games available, but we think we’ve convinced enough people this is a viable tournament that maybe we can be a little pickier / resourceful in a future tournament as far as filling that “system 11 type game” quota next time around.

Great tournament, I thought it went very smoothly all things considered. Thanks Greg and Levi and everyone else who helped out, looking forward to this being an annual event!

I had some I could have brought, but in the end modern and ems were requested so I assumed you had those eras in the middle covered! Ah well :frowning:

Zac’s whirlwind plays like an EM so it could do double duty!