2023 YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo (July 20 - 23, 2023)

We have updated all of the tournament participants.

https://www.yegpin.com/tournament-participants/

Bottom line we got some massive tournaments this summer.

Match Play Championships 186/240 participants - Certified Plus
Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament 186/280 participants - Certified Plus
Pro Pinball Championship - 106/160 participants - (Needs 22 more to become Certified Plus)
Women’s Match Play Championships - 64/64 participants (Sold Out)

We technically can increase the Women’s participants if we wanted so we voted as an organizing team to create a waitlist on Saturday to see what the demand is and if it is significant we will increase the amount of players for that tournament alone, all other tournaments look to have the right amount of capacity so they will remain unchanged.

1 Like

106+19=125? Isn’t the requirement 128? :smiley: and it has to be “rated” players which is difficult to know ahead of time.
Though with the amount of time left until the event seems like a no brainer it will happen!

GL all, i wish it wasn’t the weekend all my inlaws visit us for the first time in like 5 years- :confused:

Math is hard, you are correct… Oh man, it was the same time as last year and more than likely will be the same time in years after if that helps for future years.

@diehardpinball Is there anyway I can transfer my combo bundle to a friend and then just buy a hardcore bundle for myself?

Unfortunately that option is not available. We do not allow the transfer of tickets at YEGPIN…

I thought you were going to the Taylor Swift concert that weekend :thinking:

1 Like

I have had a few questions about the ability to purchase a Pro cards or registration in event. I think it was pretty clear on the website and there is no option for this. Plain and simple you have to buy a Hardcore Tournament Pass if you want to participate in the Pro Pinball Championships, you will not be able to purchase a Pro Pinball Tournament entry in event. We will allow a person to purchase a Hardcore Pass and refund the Combo Pass minus the Eventbrite fees if you made a mistake in purchasing the Combo Pass. This must be done by noon on Saturday February 18, 2023. Changes after that would be subject to the 75% refund policy minus Eventbrite fees. For those looking for a combo pass there still may be hope is participants decide they want to upgrade their pass over the next couple of days. If a players wants to cancel their Hardcore Pass for a Combo Pass if one comes available that will be subject to a 75% refund policy minus Eventbrite fees so it would not be in your best interest as there would be no savings in switching.

why do you think they are all coming to visit? Not for our weather :smiley: Though, they are going to TS concerts, i am not, I just bought them tickets, just to be clear :smiley:

Aww it’s more fun to imagine Germain secretly being a huge TS fan making up fake reasons for not being able to do things on the day of the concert :joy:

1 Like

A great excuse would be that you have to go to a pinball tournament to help pay for them all. :wink:

On Saturday February 18, 2023 at noon MST, the rest of the tickets and merchandise for YEGPIN-Pinball & Arcade Expo go on sale.

As well there will be a new Waitlist ticket available for the Combo Tournament Package for those that are still looking for tickets. If a Combo ticket does free up we will contact in order those individuals who sign up on the waitlist so it is in your best interest to sign up immediately as soon those are issued as that is where we will be prioritizing those tickets. The official waitlist will be posted on the website next week.

Additionally, due to the overwhelming interest in our Women’s Match Play Championship we are increasing the tickets to 100 participants and those ticket will be available starting at noon MST on Saturday, February 18., 2023 as well. The prize monies will also increase for the event and will be announced on June 1, 2023 when all ticket sales end.

All other tickets for weekend passes and daily tickets for the public for YEGPIN will also be available this weekend. All online tickets will be available till June 1, after that time the public can purchase them at the event.

2 Likes

Now that ticket sales have levelled off and we pretty well know how will be showing up the event. We are looking for a some full time TD’s that would like to participate at the event. We cover your flight (economy), hotel (can be shared accommodation (two queens), and a stip-end amount to cover off any transport, or meals you have during your time. Individual that are interested are not allowed to play in the tournaments, the positions are solely assigned to tournament director work during Thursday - Sunday for our Match Play Championships, Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament and Pro Pinball Championships.

Qualifications:

You must have experience as a tournament director a large scale pinball tournament (Pinburgh experience would be an asset)
Full knowledge of the IFPA rules
A general knowledge of Drains Tournament Manager
You must commit to being at the event from 10:00am Thursday, July 20 - 8:00PM on Sunday, July 23, 2023.
You cannot play in any of the events, you are dedicated to volunteer for the tournaments at YEGPIN.

If you have always wanted to come experience Canada for the event in general this is an awesome opportunity to hang out with our volunteer team and be a part of one of the biggest tournaments in the world.

Please feel free to PM me or send an email to diehardpinball@gmail.com if you are interested in applying for the full time tournament director slots.

Thanks,

Derek Thomson
Event Director - 2023 YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo

1 Like

The first promotional poster is out. Enjoy!!!

1 Like

Here is an update for those that are attending our event. Based on the current ticket sales YEGPIN 2023 will have the most participants we have at our events thank you for all your support!!!. Here is a summary of the all of the tournaments.

YEGPIN: Match Play Championship (Stern Circuit Event)
Format: 10 Round, 4 machine Match Play (Pinburgh Style)
Divisions: A, B, Novice
Tickets Available: 40
Estimated Prize Pool: $35,000 (cdn)
IFPA Certified +

YEGPIN: Women Match Play Championship
Format: 4 Round, 4 machine Match Play (Mini Pinburgh Style)
Divisions: A
Tickets Available: 31
Estimated Prize Pool: $3,450 (cdn)

YEGPIN Pro Pinball Championship
Divisions: A, B
Format: 5 Game Card (INDISC Style)
Tickets Available: 40
Estimated Prize Pool: $18,000 (cdn)
IFPA Certified (If over 128 will become certified plus)

YEGPIN: Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament (Classics)
Divisions: A, B, Novice
Format: Best Game (Pump and Dump)
Tickets Available: 80
Starting Prize Pool: $5,000 (cdn)
Total Estimated Prize Pool: $10,000 (cdn)
IFPA Certified +

We lock in all prize monies on June 1, 2023 and post the final adjusted breakdowns on our website. All of our tournaments payout at greater than 100%… Every playoff position gets paid and we have A,B and Novice divisions for most tournaments so this event is truly for all skill levels.

Hardcore tickets are still available for the event or you can choose to put yourself on the Combo Ticket waitlist and see if we get some cancellations (good luck with that, as this show is off the charts!.

Thanks again for your support and hope to see you out this summer.

1 Like

In an effort to further increase the prestige of this Stern Circuit Event we have worked in partnership with Stern Pinball to upgrade our First Place prize winner for the YEGPIN Match Play Championship to receive a choice of NIB Stern Pro pinball machine. The machine will be shipped direct from Stern and the winner will be responsible for the cost of shipping to their location. The first place prize is now worth almost 10K Canadian. There are currently 38 Hardcore tickets still available for the event. YEGPIN will be one of the biggest Stern Circuit events this year, with the potential of three certified plus events so if you haven’t signed up yet you now will have even more reason to. Many thanks to our Gold Sponsor Stern pinball for helping us upgrade our prizing for this event and to all of those that have already committed to coming to the event. Final prize money distribution for this event will be posted after June 1, 2023. DHPL is a non-profit society and all of the monies we receive from the tournaments go back to the players (exception is Knockout Cancer where a portion of proceeds go to charity), in fact all of our tournaments pay out over 100% when you include trophies and plaques. Hope to see you all there!!!

Tickets can once again be purchased at www.yegpin.com

2 Likes

For all of you that like to commentate we have a schedule we have created for YEGPIN. You will need to sign-up with Smartwaiver to sign a volunteer waiver, then we will approve you to be able to pick your commentating slots for playoffs. We have dedicated commentators for the qualifying rounds but anyone can step in on the Thursday and Friday to assist after their match if they want to get on the mike, there will be no formal process for qualifying rounds. For all playoff rounds there will be specific slots of course if you are playing then we will get a replacement for you.

For those that like to commentate during our pinball tournaments we have a separate schedule available through Sign Up Genius, please note that if you are playing in any of the finals your name will be removed from consideration for that round but there is now a full schedule available for those that are interested in commentating throughout the event. There are no volunteer rewards for commentating, you are doing this out of the goodness of the event. We are looking for experienced pinball tournament players that are interested in being a part of the crew.

We have a two step process for volunteering at YEGPIN.

1. Is to signoff on a YEGPIN waiver form through SmartWaiver program.
  1. Is to sign up for specific time slots for the event.

Enjoy!

Please note all remaining tournament tickets for the YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo will go offline on June 1, 2023 at 10:00PM. For those that are on the waiting list for Combo tickets you will stay on that wait list up to the event and will be contacted if any openings happen. 39 Hardcore tickets, 31 Women’s tickets remain as of today, for those on the waitlist we will not convert any of these tickets to Combo tickets so if you want into the event you must purchase a Hardcore Ticket or wait and see if a Combo ticket magically opens up in the next two months.

After June 1st we will be announcing the final prize pools, the 20 banks for Match Play Championship, the 8 Banks for Women, the 9 Machines for the Pro Pinball Championship and the 15 Machines for the Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament (Classics).

Can’t wait should be lots of fun get ready to collect those coins for perfect rounds we are almost there!!!

Immortality… You will see these new banners with all of our past and new champions at YEGPIN we did a full re-design this year complements of our local artist Jackson Gee.

5 Likes

Very nice. My name is missing though, must just be a clerical error. I could have sworn I swept the last YegPin but I suppose I could be wrong.

Ouch! Two "t"s in Matthews. Get Louise and Mike right, miss the easy one.