YEGPIN: 2022 Pinball and Arcade Expo - July 21 - 24, 2022

@diehardpinball do you have a cancellation policy for the matchplay championship. Trying to decide if I go for tickets or not.

Good question, I’m also wondering what the deal is with the Pro Tourney. Is there a general registration fee + the individual entries?

so to play in the matchplay and pro tourney, we need to buy the matchplay pass, pro tourney pass and weekend pass? $150+$50+$80?

But no pass needed for the Knockout one?

We just adjusted the cancellation policy is now on the website.

75% up to March 31
50% up to May 31
No refunds after June 1.

Thanks,

…Derek

1 Like

The Pinball Pro is a limited entry tournament we only have 80 slots so if you want to go in it please register immediately it will sellout!!!

You will receive 1 card with your registration. Additional cards are $50 for 1, or $125 for 3.

The Knockout Cancer Tournament is unlimited entry, no pre-registration we will automatically enter you into the tournament and with your player number. You will just need to buy entries at the tournament, maybe we will do some fancy online purchasing like INDISC did but need to talk to Karl on that.

1 Like

Yes, you don’t have to buy the weekend pass, you can buy daily admissions if you want the day of show, but it is in your best interest to buy the 4 day pass as it is cheaper to pre-purchase then to wait and purchase at the door and cheaper then paying for all 4 days individually.

got it, thanks~

Effective March 1, Alberta will have removed all restrictions for COVID, so masks will be at the discretion of the player, and no restrictions on vaccinations. People travelling to Canada need to read up on the restrictions to cross border COVID restrictions I can’t fix those. These rules are subject to change up to the start of the event.

I checked the regs today; gotta be both vaxxed and have a negative test within 72 hours of arrival. Hope that gets relaxed by July.

1 Like

Both of those requirements seem perfectly sensible to me, at least if the event were held today. Perhaps things will have changed by July but so far with COVID that has not happened.

1 Like

Well the day is almost here when all of the tournament tickets officially go on sale for the 2022 YEGPIN Pinball and Arcade Expo in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada. www.yegpin.com

This will also be your first chance to buy a 4 day pass is you just plan on hanging out all weekend in the free play area, or decide you only want to play in the Knockout Cancer Pinball Tournament.

We are so excited to welcome the world to our event where we will be hosting some of the best tournament pinball in the world, coolest free play machines on display for all to try out, and an electric atmosphere with our party zone that enhances the fun for the entire event.

Here are some things to know:

• Tickets officially go on sale on Saturday, February 12, 2022 at 12:00Pm MST

• The current Admission button will be changed to Get Tickets on Saturday morning

• When you click on that shortcut button it will take you to the ticketing portal for the event

• You can choose as many events to purchase as you want you will have the following options

o YEGPIN – Match Play Championship - $150 (Limited to 300 tickets)

o YEGPIN – Women’s Match Play Tournament - $50 (Limited to 64 tickets)

o YEGPIN – Pro Pinball Tournament - $50 (Limited to 80 tickets)

o YEGPIN – 4 Day Pass - $80 (not required to process ticket, but you will need to at some point purchase a 4 day pass or daily admission to play in tournaments)

o YEGPIN Show Shirt - $35

• A $5 administration fee will be applied to each order so if you want to save yourself a little cash bundle all of your purchases into one purchase.

• If you are looking to process the transaction as quickly as you can only pick one and you can always go in and purchase other items after the fact. It will just cost you a $5 administration fee for every extra transaction you make. (Buyer Beware!!!)

• You can only select up to two items on each ticket, this is to give others a chance at a ticket and stop individuals from hoarding tickets like we have seen happen at past popular pinball shows.

• Once you have all your items selected you click GET TICKETS at the bottom

• You will now get yourself into a screen to add in your name, email, phone number, IFPA number (if you do not know your IFPA # or do not have one then enter N/A). To look up your IFPA number please refer to International Flipper Pinball Association

• You will have to fill in the same information for each ticket you purchase, yes we know this is annoying but it is a limitation of the program, just go with it.

• If you are selecting two tickets, then you need to enter in a different name and email address, this is important or else the transaction will not process.

• Once the information is completed you will then select the blue button Checkout Now

• This will take you to the Checkout menu where you verify or enter you information, please make sure that your credit card is attached to that address.

• Then enter in your credit card number, Expiration and Card Security Code.

• Once you complete this process your should get a confirmation email and a separate email that will produce a QR code for your entry into the event in July.

• If an ticketed event is sold out we will have a separate process to manage the waitlist. We tried to build that in to this ticketing process but there are just no good solutions in this application where we felt this could be managed properly and fairly. Stay tuned for announcements on Facebook, Tilt Forums or Pinside for those instructions when or if they happen.

This is a new ticketing process so please be patient with us if you run into issues. We will try to address any issues the best we can. We know this is a stressful process for everyone as so many people want tickets to the event and are worried about sellouts. All I can say is try to get on as soon as you can, process your tickets timely and without error and everything should work out.

The refund process is pretty straightforward and all of the disclaimers are listed on the main cart selector page if you care to read them. We also have these stated on our website if you care to read them.

I wish you all the best of luck on Saturday with the registration process and may F5 be your friend at the start of the registration process.

Looking at the schedule, if we qualify for the main match play tournament finals then it looks like we won’t have time to qualify for the pro tournament (high stakes)? It doesn’t look likely with both finals happening on Saturday with the pro finals happening after the match play finals.

I think the idea would be to qualify for the Pro tournament between rounds of the main tournament, same goes for the Knockout Cancer Tournament. Sure seems like there won’t be a lot of downtime between rounds though.

1 Like

I want to go, but I can’t figure how to fit the other tournaments in outside of playing bad enough in the match play, that Saturday becomes open. It appears that playing well in the match play will make the pro tournament a wash. Looks like it’d condense down the knockout cancer tournament into trying to speed run qualifying during match play dinner breaks and then anywhere between 4-12 hours worth of qualifying time on that Saturday. With all tournaments being certified, in theory it might be the +EV play to forgo match play in favor of using more qualifying time for the 2 other tournaments for higher final seeding opportunities.

Edit: And it’s still unclear if the match play is considered a SPC event as per the website showing status still pending, but the IFPA website is showing it as on the SPC schedule. Can anyone confirm if the match play is a SPC event?

1 Like

I can confirm that the event YEGPIN Match Play is a Stern Circuit event, I can also confirm that it is a certified event and will have the 20% bonus.

You will have time in between rounds to crush some PPT, I will be adding some qualifying time from 10:00pm - 12:00pm on Thursday and Friday for those that simplify think or won’t have the time in between rounds and will be adjusting to the 8:00am schedule like INDISC did for playoffs and that will open time as people get knocked out if the tournament.

1 Like

We are anticipating the rounds in the first rounds to be 45 minutes - 1 1/2 hours all depending on level of play. The games are setup fairly tough so that will limit ball times and keep us on schedule. The Pro Pinball is only a 5 game card format so won’t take too long to crush a card around an hour so if you use the time wisely it can be done. Just like other shows you have to choose where your level of effort will be focused on. We were going to put the PPT on Sunday night but feedback was that people didn’t want to take a Monday off if they were out of towners so this is where we stand. Feel free to send in your survey next year and force us to put the final on Sunday.

@raydaypinball favorite start time :smiley:

My response play better to get byes lol

Probably won’t be too much of a problem for Raymond and Germain! :wink:

Is site locking up already?