WOZ tourney settings

The reason I’m for labeling it is because a lot of people don’t get to play JJP games and most of them are unaware of this setting, myself was included. I’ve been playing in my own local tournaments on a WOZ, Dialed In, and POTC and never knew the tilt warnings carried over ball to ball until about 3 months ago.

3 Likes

I don’t agree that players in any SCS should get the benefit of a sign pointing out the default (though hidden) behavior of the machine they are playing. Just because the tilt warning thing is in your blind spot doesn’t mean an equally hidden yet well known function isn’t somebody else’s. Example: My AC/DC is labeled with the non-standard number of song requests needed to change songs, but I don’t have a card explaining the ins and outs of the multiball add-a-ball.

You lower it to make people consider shooting the right orbit more?

I lower it because nobody’s getting to Encore anyhow so might as well give them more choices along the way.

For me, tilt-per-game takes away some of the bumping and nudging skill from balls one and two, because you’re usually too afraid to try any moves. Waiting for the tilt to settle isn’t really an argument as you can easily solve that with the earplug mod.

As for playing games “as intended,” do you keep all your games at factory settings, standard pitch, etc? We play top-level tournament games with mods all the time - posts removed, rubbers removed, lightning flippers instead of standard bats, plungers removed on games like RBION or Sopranos, game features disabled like neutering the ramp on Sorceror, custom ROMs. I’m sure there are plenty of other things I’m forgetting that would make a game not play as intended.

I would say that if JJP wanted to force everyone to experience their view on tilt warnings, then the setting would not exist. I don’t see a reason why tilt settings should be special.

1 Like