Where can I learn basic skills?

Haha… That example makes more sense.

Google told me “Gunching” consists of flipping a canoe in a water fight.

Yeah, don’t ask.

2 Likes

Gunching tutorial by the OG:

3 Likes

Oh man that is gooood

Yeah, I took a closer look. Turns out the general area is getting drastically remodeled in the torn-down-and-replaced kind, and it seems a Target is to take its place. Not sure what will happen to the businesses already there though. I like the Millie’s.

Do you think that some people who nudge after every flip is doing just that? I’ve been told that it’s mostly the realm of old people who do it, but the other day, at Round 1 Santa Ana, I saw this guy, maybe late-20s to 30s, nudging the machine forward with every flip. I don’t know how he avoided any warnings, as I’ve played on the Kiss he was perpetually at and I remember it having a very tight tilt.

Haha i know exactly what you are talking about. There are some older players in atx that do that and ive seen them tilt out due to constantly nudging on every flip :slight_smile:

I used to nudge with every flip when I first started. Took me a while to break the habit. I played on location a lot and most had flippers that needed rebuilt. I guess I thought nudging would help me put more mustard on the ball.

2 Likes

Most machines tend to be less sensitive to front-to-back nudges than to side-to-side nudges, so this player may indeed have gotten away with more than you might expect.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for all of the amazing tips. However, this single video is all I will ever need from now on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShE6ewFrQus

2 Likes