Volunteer hours & player decisions @ BPSO 2018

Buffalo experienced a completely unpredictable Act of Tree. It was a special circumstance and the TDs dealt with it as best they could I think. Nobody could foresee a foliage-induced misadventure like that.

It would have been untenable to tell the pin-starved mob that they were going to wait ANOTHER hour after a 2 hour delay to play so they could shoehorn in the volunteer time, and;/or were going to lose another hour of qualifying or extend qualifying till well after midnight,

The needs of the many often outweigh the needs of the few.

6 Likes

IFPA bans 3+ player head-to-head matches, problem solved :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The scores of the match were 8-2-2-2 going into game 3 with me having the 8.
I specifically asked Nick(TD) before the game started if I could plunge off and he approved it.

13 Likes

Not to derailā€¦ But can you explain the intermission? By my interpretation, seems like it would seriously advantage players on long playing games.

There was a 30 minute break. Once it was time, everyone got to finish their game.

When we restarted, those with the fewest games played were assigned to games firstā€¦and they were also given the shortest playing games.

Fewest total games played, actually.

The break give me a chance to tally that info, and it gave everyone else a chance to get dinner.

1 Like

Oops sorry. Corrected. I knew that, not sure why I wrote wins.