Twitch/livestream setups.

whaaaa, you tried 4 with SP3, what about only 3 external ones? Maybe the mix that screw stuff up… Could also be 3 external cameras on the same USB4 bus that choke the machine… Obviously not as good as your beast of a desktop lol :smile:

1 Like

I will try that one Karl. This is the last one I was trying
Sabrent 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual Power Switches and LEDs included 5V/2.5A power adapter (HB-UMP3) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TPMEOYM/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_OJa-vbAY1X4WF

1 Like

Does anyone know what playfield camera was used on the recent limiFlip on CftbL stream? It was clearly 60fps to me. Something I can’t achieve with my C920s here (yet?)…

Any help or hint in the right direction is appreciated! I always prefer fps over perfect lighting conditions for the players :wink:

Btw, thank you for this thread, it was a great help to me to set up a rig and a complete plug and play system for our streams here… It helped vastly streaming the Austrian pinball open ( http://pinballvideos.com/?e=Austrian%20Pinball%20Open ) - it was a pita as the upload bandwidth there was 384kbs(!) only. But my codec knowledge I gathered in my job helped to get at least a smooth stream out, even at low res.

We broadcast every Friday from around 7pm CET - just casual playing, mostly on BoP2.0. On the weekend of 24th October I’ll stream my tournament, and Sunday 25th we will stream a 12 hour just for fun marathon play on various machines. (Oh link: www.twitch.tv/flippart)

Thanks,
Mario.

1 Like

Go look for posts from @kdeangelo on his gear. It was his gear and setup at the Lake Alice LimiFLIP this past weekend.

1 Like

The 60fps cameras were Panasonic v250s setup for 480p via HDMI into an Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD. Was easy to tell it was 60fps with the fan spinning around the flippers the entire time :laughing:

Lighting was so poor at Lake Alice that I feel I need to look into adding light rigs into the equation. Anyone have recommendations in that area? @DEADFLIP What have you been using?

1 Like

A single LED panel of decent quality should do the trick but you might want something that can adjust the color temp to match ambient lighting since just about anything you buy (that isn’t enormous) won’t to be able to overpower the lights in the room. A sheet of glare free glass is probably a good idea as well.

Something like this 12x12 seems to be decent value…
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/996877-REG/genaray_sp_e_360b_spectroled_essential_360_bi_color.html

The equivalent 12x6…
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/996876-REG/genaray_sp_e_240b_spectroled_essential_240_bi_color.html

These things don’t really get all that bright (at least not compared to real hot lights) so bigger might be better. If you want to experiment a little first, I can probably borrow one of our nice Dracast 12x12s from the office and bring it over on a weekend sometime.

1 Like

Sure, that’d be great! No rush of course. I have zero lighting experience…

1 Like

If all you want to do is brighten the playfield for streaming, these can do that easily at a very low cost.

http://www.amazon.com/NEEWER®-Dimmable-Digital-Camcorder-Panasonic/dp/B004TJ6JH6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1444792716&sr=8-10&keywords=led+light

2 Likes

How does the Logitech c920 cam connect to the adjustable ball mount?

Cheers Dave

1 Like

It screws on to the top of the ball mount. There is a hole on the back of the c920 for this purpose.

1 Like

Ahh thanks yes. The old c920 I have one of the first types didn’t have that thred on it:)

So why not use the sound off one of the 3 webcams rather than buy a dedicated mike?

Regards David

1 Like

Great reviews and cheap but they appear to be battery only which might not be a good solution for streaming all day. How long are they staying lit for you under continuous use?

1 Like

The built-in webcam mic is pretty awful sounding compared to a dedicated mic. Very hollow sounding for the most part. That’s why streamers usually go the extra step and get a decent separate mic.

2 Likes

I’ve run them for several hours at a time. All-day? Probably not. The lights I have run off of double-a, so it probably wouldn’t be difficult to stack batteries with a custom battery holder and run them longer.

1 Like

I’m giving this a shot since it’s so cheap, thanks. Figure I could modify the battery compartment into using an AC adapter should I need to.

1 Like

Which mic do you recommend? Also which usb hub is up for the job or anyone?

Cheers Dave

1 Like

The common mic a lot of us use is the Blue Snowball mic. It usually runs about $80 or $90, but if you are patient you can get them on sale cheaper (I think I’ve heard some getting them as low as $50). They pick up voice as well as the game audio pretty well.

For USB hubs, any powered USB hub will do. I picked up an Amazon four-port. I plug a few things into it, then I plug the mic directly into my laptop (it’s USB).

2 Likes

These are the lights I use. Love them.

1 Like

Has anyone had any issues getting multiple webcams to show up (three or more)? I have a Logitech c920, a Logitech c920-C, and a Cisco IP cam. In OBS, I can’t seem to get the IP cam to display a picture. It shows up as an active device though. Likewise, if I try a Logitech c615 camera in the place of the Cisco cam, the same thing happens–software detects it, but no picture comes up.

1 Like

Are the webcams distributed across multiple USB buses or all piled on a single one? There’s a limited supply of throughput there, and I’ve run into problems myself with more than 2 cameras on a single bus.

Just a thought.

1 Like