Twitch/livestream setups.

Maybe I’m the only one here with this combo, but as a heads up the Elgato HD60 Pro will not work in a Ryzen-based system at this time unless plugged into a PCIe x16 slot. Supposedly they have a firmware fix but the replacement card I received with the updated firmware doesn’t work in my system AT ALL! :rage: Waiting for more tech support on it.

In other news, the Elgato Stream Deck is an awesome little device, particularly when combined with AutoHotKey. Will be so useful during large-scale events.

2 Likes

@kdeangelo I recall you saying you had issues with Elgato HD60 pro in the past. Have they been resolved? Are you still using the Avermedia ones?

It was a great card with the latest drivers until I changed over to Ryzen. I wanted to grab a 2nd to use but am waiting until my current firmware issue is resolved.

Yes, I’m still using the Avermedia ones (Game Broadcaster HD), 3 in the system along with the HD60 Pro. Easily the best/easiest cards I’ve used.

I also recently tried the Avermedia Live Gamer HD 2 (HD60 Pro competitor) but had nothing but problems with it. Constant stuttering in the capture. Drivers seem very early too, despite it having been out for a bit.

What are the top 5 things I need to examine to fix my FPS problem on twitch? Last night I was down to 15 fps and it was unwatchable.

I’ve found that if my CPU is taxed much more than 50% it starts to have skips or freezes on the stream every so often. Also if I had too many USB devices plugged in.

Shout outs to the awesome efforts of @haugstrup for MatchPlay! I’m now using the MatchPlay API to grab player names and scores/strike count and display them live on the stream. Really makes it nice for viewers to follow along with no effort on my side.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/147391441?t=2h13m30s

I’m going to start making the slow trek of swapping out webcams for the handycams. Does anyone have any experience with programmable/controllable HDMI switchers? I’d like to control the switch from the PC so that when I swap a scene in OBS, the input will change on the switch.

5 Likes

That’s super cool @mwelsh

Really nice stream with commentary etc.

For BCO we are hoping to stream main qualifying, classics finals and main finals. All of the cameras I have will be dedicated to the main bank and we were hoping to use some wireless cameras to cover the classics finals on a portable rig. Anyone have any suggestions? We’ll be using a laptop for the portable rig.

I’m looking into replacing my usb webcams with hdmi cams. I already use the sony CX-405’s for the playfields. Now I’m looking for some inexpensive hdmi cams for score/player.
I already tried one these:

Although it has hdmi output, it isn’t capable to live throughput the signal.

Anyone have some suggestions?

If you don’t want to give up on the camera you’ve purchased, you might check for an alternate firmware on the GoPrawn Forums. I wouldn’t be surprised if you find one to enable live output on the hdmi port.

Going waaay off on a tangent, because I have a few of these on my project shelf:
There are a few dozen variants of this camera manufactured by a handful of Shenzhen OEMs, all with the same basic design, swapping out the SoC and image sensor. They’re dirt cheap, but most of the time they lie about recording capabilities, up-sampling a 720p capable sensor to 1080p, or 1080p to 4k.

Interestingly a number of them run Android under the hood (despite the gui looking nothing like Android), and offer up a root shell if you connect to them with ADB.

Even more interestingly, (at least on the Allwinner V3 variants I have) a v4l2 video interface is available once you have a shell, meaning you can inject a statically built copy of ffmpeg. Since many of the variants (even in the sub-$30 range) have WiFi, it’s then possible to not only stream out the hdmi interface, but ship an RTMP stream directly from the camera to a streaming service or broadcast workstation.

5 Likes

I’ve been eyeing these thinking something like this is possible. Is what you describe relatively easy? Could you walk a novice through it in a step-by-step guide?

Right now the process is fairly straightforward, but incredibly flaky because I’m introducing/taking advantage of a race condition to grab /dev/video0 before the Android media service can, as well as patching the camera driver config to stop the up-sampling nonsense. I’ll see if I can hammer my notes into some usable instructions, but can make no promises.

2 Likes

I use DB Power from Amazon for the backboxes. With different firmware to remove all the info/HUD coming out of the HDMI in monitoring mode. The green I don’t use anymore since I can only have the same exact output device on the same switch stack (limitation of my capture devices I assume) One is 59.94 and one is 60 and I can’t put them on the same switch…

They were used on games like Blackout, Alien Star and Paragon.

1 Like

I’m running 3-4 logitech cameras (922 and 615s - could be my first mistake), but I can only get my Logitech software to turn off auto-focus on one. Any way around this? OBS doesn’t give me camera options for whatever reason on my Mac.

At least in windows you can only adjust the last one in your devices list. So you unplug the cameras in reverse order, adjust the camera, and then plug them one at a time to get the specific control panel for the webcam. this should only be a problem for multiple of the same camera type

But in OBS on my computer you can just go into properties, and turns off the auto focus. It’s a check box ok the second tab within properties.

Thats good info Tim. i’ve struggled with that on my setup for a long time. my solution was to use an assortment of cams.

For some reason, I don’t have those properties in my OBS. I agree it should. @timballs this is what I experienced as well. Re-connecting provides mixed results.

My bad. Just noticed you’re Mac.

In windows land I solved this problem by connecting all the cameras figuring out which one my cameras I could control and numbering it. If you have four cameras the first label would be camera 4. Keep doing this until you get to 1 camera plugged in. Now plug them in in order and adjust the settings of each as you plug them in. You only get one shot at adjusting the cameras because, once you have them all plugged in you will only be able to adjust camera 4. Good luck!

2 Likes