Twitch/livestream setups.

I would try and run 60 on the playfield as a must - if you have to adjust anything then put the score and player cams down to 30 but always try and make them factors of you fastest rate otherwise you get an increased chance of artefacts. I’d reduce resolution before frame rate on the playfield camera.

Also some encoding software/hardware will have limits to broadcast “normal” frame and resolution rates. Keep it simple applies.

Neil.

1 Like

Have you tried swapping the HDMI adapter? Had one that wouldn’t work on one - for the longest time I thought I had bad port on the receiving end or bad cable.

This is more for a UI I’m building. I’m debating on a drop down or text field but will probably start with the drop down and add something else later if necessary.

Yeah it’s the camera for sure.

30fps would be fine for either.

I just put up an updated version of the software I’ve been working on to make a Raspberry Pi turn webcams into remote cameras over the network. Working with PinDaddy to get him up and going gave me the motivation to make it more user friendly so now you can just download a prebuilt disc image and do all of the configuration through a website on the device. It isn’t pretty at the moment but it should be functional and I’ll be adding more features to it based on feedback. Currently it supports the C920, C922, and Brio, but I’m working on supporting more models and generic interfaces too.

The image is hosted on a gdrive account so if you run into a bandwidth error I understand if you add it to your drive you can get around that error. I’ll be pushing a version to dropbox tonight as well.

2 Likes

so on the BK3000 stream Jack said you could plug right in with HDMI - has anyone had a look at a BK3000 ?

That would be an awesome and welcome change from before and allow for easy connection!

Also on that same path, anyone been able to confirm connections for Wonka?

I’d predict that it’s DVI out still so easy to convert and capture.

Jack was asked about this in a later stream and clarified that we said he was not using his custom built box. If I am remembering correctly I think he said that stern had built a more compact, better engineered solution. It is unclear if stern is interested in producing these or what the cost would be.

Anyone using an XPS 13 / 15 for their OBS laptop? Maybe a Razer Blade Stealth? I’m looking for a portable location machine with USB-C power input.

Is there someone at Stern we can reach out to and get an answer from?

I’ve tried reaching out to my contacts there and haven’t heard back.

Dwight didn’t confirm this with me, but I got the sense a solution would be available for purchase but not come standard with the games.

I’m using razer blade 15 with maxw nvidia 1080 - Usb-C power is a terrible option if you are using USB devices for encoding as you can’t deliver enough power to the laptop for it to deliver the power to the devices and do the encoding. I had a MacBook Pro 15 top end model and when steaming the battery would reduce even with the top PSU and then eventually the laptop shutdown!

All of my cameras are networked so I won’t have usb bandwidth issues. Hoping the usb PD battery would be enough to hold or slow drain something like my 13" MBP from work. Maybe my “no wires” setup might need an ac adapter for the laptop. But then I may as well bring out the desktop I built, or the NUC.

Not bandwidth issues - power issues! The usb-c can’t power the laptop enough.

What are our wireless microphone options for the people that are going to be using the mobile wireless rig for tournaments? I have a mixer already I use for headsets for commentators so I could use that if it makes things easier.

One of my cameras (cx455) has a mic input. I added a shotgun mic, and the audio gets sent along with the hdmi signal. This is the easiest solution I found.

Cool. I still need to buy another camera so I will go with that.

Shotgun mic like this?

Video Microphone,Emiral Camera Microphone,Shotgun Interview Microphone for DSLR Camera/DV Camcorder(Except for Canon T5i,T6) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HNYYXMQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_yhtUCb3JNAHR4

I got one of these

Audio-Technica AT897 Line/Gradient Shotgun Condenser Microphone https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002TTN3Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Z0uUCbGF0QW6E

Just be sure to get one that can use battery power and does not need phantom power.

1 Like