TPF 2017 Tourney: THIS weekend. Watch live on Twitch

Time to start planning your spring pinball event and tourney plans! Registration for TPF 2017 Wizards tournament is now open:
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/

The tournament is capped at the first 160 players who register, and as of this posting, 50 spots have already been claimed. It sold out last year prior to the event, so don’t delay.

• $60 one-time entry fee (this does NOT include entrance into the Show, which is required)
  • all tourney entry fees paid back to players in cash and prizes
  • Estimated total trophy/cash prize value of $9,600 if all 160 spots (as they were in 2016)
  • Four different division finals: A, B, Novice, and Women’s
  • neverdrains software for scores, standings, and queuing.
  • The opportunity to enjoy one of the best pinball shows in the country.

The Limited Entry multi-era format was very well-received last year, so we are keeping the format with some modifications:

• 20 entries (same as 2016)
  • Your best 8 pins out of the 12 will count toward qualifying (instead of your best 10), but your best 8 pins will require at least 2 pins from each of the three eras: Modern, Solid State, and EM.
  • Added a 4th division to have a true “novice” division (only players ranked 3000+ are eligible)
  • Expanded the B division to 8 players (from 4 players)

I hope to see many of you at TPF in March!

3 Likes

so $60 for limited best game format? How many entries is it?

20 entries

1 Like

Today (12/31) is the last day to buy discounted weekend passes to TPF, one of the best pinball shows in the world! Save $20 off of the door price weekend pass. You must have a show pass in order to participate in the tournament.
http://texaspinball.com/tpf/tpfstore/

I like the idea of 20 entries spread across 8 as opposed to 10. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sold! B division, here I come.

1 Like

Texas Pinball Fest is only 2 months away!
There are currently only 50 of the 160 tournament spots still available, so don’t delay on purchasing yours.
Current tourney prize purse (for cash and trophies) is at $6,600. If all 160 spots fill (as they did last year), the prize purse will be $9,600.

Four different division finals: A, B, Novice, and Women’s
Register using the link in prior posts.
Additional tourney details in the original post.

See you in March at TPF!

Only 40 spots remain of the 160. Don’t wait to lock in your spot.

Now only 34 available.

1 Like

29 available.
TPF17 will also be submitted as a candidate for the PAPA Circuit 17-18 season.

1 Like

I got in early, just like I’ll be eliminated early. Can’t wait.

3 Likes

I look forward to seeing you there.

And take heart: besides the chance that you could always play better than you expect… there’s also a Novice division finals added this year that is restricted to those ranked 3000+ in IFPA rankings.

I can actually hold my own well enough. I just haven’t been playing my best pinball of late. I love the tournaments at these events though. It’s my favorite part about going, aside from the conversations with other pinball fans.

Wow, awesome to see TPF get the love it deserves! Can’t wait for this year’s tournament-- I count last year among my all time tournament experiences

1 Like

Only 17 left.
Don’t miss out on the 2nd biggest tourney in the US! (If you only count PAPA’s A division. :wink:

Only 4 left. Last chance!

1 Like

Now sold out! If you missed out and still want a chance to participate, please email Registration@texaspinball.com to get on the wait list. There were a handful of last minute cancellations last year, and with 160 people, I would expect to have a few again this year.

A reminder to all tourney participants that a TPF Show pass is required in addition to the tournament entry. Or bring a pin to become an exhibitor and get in the show for free!

Thanks, everyone who registered, for entrusting the tourney and show organizers to put on another smooth, exciting, and entertaining tournament as part of your TPF weekend.

I’ll be posting the anticipated list of tourney pins we’ve arranged so far this coming week.

Already looking forward to March 24th!

3 Likes

What about the Intergalactic Pinball Championship? 250+ players :slight_smile:

https://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=14370

4 Likes

Do you foresee any problems in having all 160 TPF players get all 20 of their entries in during the 22 hours of qualifying?

Ah, yes. Forgot that one. So TPF is third biggest outside of Pinburgh “weekend.” :slight_smile:
(didn’t realize that NWPAS had a few more than 160. Thanks, Germaine.)