Thoughts on Stern's Meteor?

Look for the sanctum page on face book or the group sanctum CT pinball. Or website tothesanctum.com (converting over to tothesanctum.org) or sign up for our email mailing list. Ghostbusters launch party next Friday night!

Meteor is a really fun game. Generally like most Sterns of the era, itā€™s very fast.

Donā€™t pay more than $700 - $800, thatā€™s what I have constantly see them go for. $1100 is a bit muchā€“youā€™re nearing low-end DMD territory there and that would be a better investment for the price. $800 tops though, Meteor is great.

1 Like

Somewhat ironically, I picked up a Meteor tonight. I see that the custom ROMs basically divide the value of points given out which makes the game harder to roll. Anyone have preference for one over another?

1 Like

Thatā€™s all it does. More digits of display is better than less digits of display. Terminal zeroes are stupid.

2 Likes

Donā€™t listen to him! He also likes fractions. Terminal zeros are what pinball is all about :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the tips!

An update for the curious: I was supposed to go check the machine out last Friday after work, but then the seller called me late in the day and told me he had to reschedule. Iā€™m going to be heading to The Sanctumā€™s GB Launch Party this Friday, and they have a Meteor I can try out, so Iā€™ll check back with the seller afterwards if I like the game after playing it. Based on the prices you all have mentioned, it doesnā€™t sound like this is a steal or anything.

BTW, if any of you are in New England and will be at the Sanctumā€™s GB launch party, Iā€™d enjoy saying hi! Drop me a PM, or feel free to just come up to me. Iā€™ll be the guy with the horn-rimmed glasses and bushy sideburns. :slightly_smiling:

Clearly the solution is to use the divide by 10 roms, but make a little LED backed dummy zeros to install in the backglass, as an homage to dummy zero scoring reels in EMsā€¦

4 Likes