This Week in Pinball: Iron Maiden Stream, MGC Preview, Pinball Expo, Trudeau, More

Hi all, been lurking here a while but this is my first post. I wanted to share that I am starting a pinball website called This Week in Pinball (thisweekinpinball.com). I plan to post weekly on Mondays, and the post will include noteworthy happenings in the pinball world, such as new games/rumors/mods, production and coding updates, pinball show reviews and announcements, results from competitions, notable pinball streams/videos/podcasts, etc., along with a game of the week, website of the week, and a monthly challenge to be entered into a drawing for something pinball related.

The plan is for each weekly post to contain short readable summaries, a snapshot of what’s happening since it is getting more difficult to keep up with everything. I posted the first weekly post this morning at thisweekinpinball.com.

If you have anything you’d like to be included or see something I miss (which I’m sure will happen), shoot me an email at thisweekinpinball@gmail.com. Thanks!

13 Likes

To make it a little easier to get to, here is a link to the site: thisweekinpinball.com

3 Likes

Hey, looks great! I really like the concept of doing weekly summaries. Maybe you want to share a little more about you? Who you are, what you do, how you became interested in pinball, etc.? Or is it a group who is hosting This Week in Pinball?

Thanks for the nice feedback. I’m just a guy that loves pinball, played in college (lots of Funhouse), then got back into it about 3-4 years ago when I randomly met a pinhead, and it completely snowballed from there. Bought a few pins, learned about fixing them, joined a local league, and started listening to all the podcasts and reading up on what was happening. A second hobby is learning about web design, and combining the two I got the idea for TWIP.

Hi all, this week in pinball is posted, and I even included a link this time: Timeshock, Thunderbirds, TBL Review, more…

Thanks!

3 Likes

not too cool to rip off the TWIT’s team in naming your content :frowning:

I think Nate Shivers would beg to differ. :wink:

Isn’t it all a homage to TWIPF? Or maybe even something that predates that.

1 Like

This Week In Science and This Week In Baseball also predate TWIT by minute or two… (Both date to 2000, so TWIPF is still ahead by a long shot.)

2 Likes

I watched This Week in Baseball as a kid, but haven’t heard of TWIT or TWIPF. I assume a lot of hobbies have a “This Week in…”

2 Likes

TWIT is a pioneering show in Professional Podcasting that has an entire network of ‘This week in XYZ’ shows.

This is not just about ‘all hobbies’ - this is within the podcasting universe itself. See https://twit.tv/shows

Difference is… TWIPF isn’t an active and established podcasting production house like TWIT.tv is

Cool, I’ll check out the TWiT website. This Week in Pinball isn’t a podcast btw, and just doing this for fun.

Just finished with tomorrow’s update (Pinburgh, Jetsons Gameplay, etc.), will post in the morning!

1 Like

Hi all, TWIP posted this morning and includes Pinburgh info, Jetsons Gameplay, more. thisweekinpinball.com

1 Like

I could email, but I will just put this here. Generally, I don’t think Domino’s and Jetsons should be considered Spooky games. They are contract games, so it is similar to calling MMR a Stern game (but not exactly). You might want to indicate this somehow in the upcoming games section. Jetsons is a The pinball company game.

Great point, and thanks for the feedback. I’ll tweak that for next week.

For anyone interested…

This Week in Pinball: Total Nuclear Annihilation, Stern Ghosting, Pinburgh Recap, more pinball

1 Like

Good morning Pinheads! For anyone interested:

This Week in Pinball - Star Wars Premium Gameplay (what was seen/heard/learned), Alien Updates, Monthly Giveaway Winner Announced, More

I have a video that demonstrates the Flipper Finesse Feature that I recently posted to YouTube:

The idea here is to offer limited “Finesse” editions of games that utilize this new feature.

NOTE- The feature can be disabled when game is set to “Tournament/Competition” mode.

Maybe TWIP can mention this feature in a future newsletter?

1 Like

Interesting idea, I’ll check out the video. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like