The Never-Missed-A-Pinburgh Club

It’s not ejections per se, it’s anyone who started Pinburgh but for whatever reason did not finish.

1 Like

I’ve attended all of the NEW ones. I missed a couple of the OLD ones when my daughter was born.

1 Like

A good enough excuse. It sounded like you were in all of them from your Shortest Event Of The Year reply to Ritchie.

I’ve been to every PAPA or Pinburgh event at the PAPA Facility in Pittsburgh or ReplayFX. (Actually every PAPA since PAPA-3). Old Pinburgh was best-game format (not Match Play) at a pre-PAPA facility (hotel ballroom), and more of a regional tourney before PAPA took over.

1 Like

Yeah, what was the name of that odd auditorium (?) it was in? And agree re the “regional” vs. major flavor of it.

It was at the Best Western Greentree, if I remember correctly. No idea what the actual ballroom was named.

1 Like

Was there ever a final points listing for that?

The data doesn’t take in to account WHY someone didn’t finish, just the fact that they didn’t.

I remember that one well, Bob. You were indeed there.

I’m running a Missed-ALL-Pinburgh Club here in Sweden (concurrently with my Missed-ALL-Sweden Rock-festivals Club). I will be the President of both clubs for the forseeable future! It’s not as exclusive as this one, but still…

2 Likes

I’m starting the “only missed a Pinburgh due to Ticket-Rush” club for those of us who attended all of them we were able to but starting last year have been locked out at least once. If you made all of them from 2011 through 2018 and then got locked out last year, this year or in the future, you can be a member. Membership benefits of some kind will exist at a future date tbd; maybe I’ll cook up something for next year’s Indisc.

That happened to me last year.

Woot!

2 Likes

Basically this. I nearly pulled this off last year after crapping the bed with a 1 in round 1 and finishing 30-30 after Day 1, solidly at the bottom of A and restricted in. My Day 2 went 9-10-8-7-7 leaving me one point off the tiebreaker at 71 wins. Had I not had a crap game on Johnny Mnemonic it might have happened.

Even though I came up short that Day 2 was a wild ride.

2 Likes

Looks like Al Thomka and I were the only two to get knocked out this year. And the bad news is, we might not drop out of the “club” anyway.

I’ve participated in every Pinburgh.

5 Likes