Stupid, but fun objectives

Pinball strategy here is pretty simple with Shadow, Corvette, Dirty Harry and I500 being the only games on the continent.

8 Likes

Sounds like heaven! :wink:

I’ve taken to putting in the initials MOO in Medieval Madness for this exact reason. I’m just compelled to.

2 Likes

I used to do this too when I owned a TSPP (the only game I’ve ever regretted selling). I would see how efficiently I could achieve it by doing a mini flip, roll up backhand to the Light Otto target then recollect on the left flipper and shoot Otto. Rinse repeat.

I also love going just for barnyard on Medieval. Lost a first to barnyard $5 bet to Modica (@Bdiv4life) on an MMR that would reject pretty much any full flipper shot to the catapult… good times.

1 Like

No Tommy?

Getting all the drop targets down in Volley with lowest score possible.

Could be played as a duel, where your opponent plunges the balls trying to get the top lanes to screw you up.

2 Likes

Should be possible to go sub-5K if you do combo bank shots correctly.

1 Like

Try for the best score you can get on GOT playing as Lannister…

Try for the best score you can get on Metallica playing only right ramp to piston lane combos. Start a MB and your game is over,

Best score on AFM without either TA or LMB. Or lowest score while completing ROTU.

I’ve been trying for a while (like 2 years :stuck_out_tongue:) to get max value victory laps going on my TSPP, but haven’t managed to do it yet. (To get max value victory laps you need to start and complete all 7 modes on one ball without ever letting the timer run out. Just starting all of the modes requires a minimum of 21 shots and with all of the shots to actually complete the modes on top of that it’s not an easy journey~)

2 Likes

I only got it once and wasn’t trying for it, but TSPP also has a bonus for getting the couch MB jackpots in the correct order. Couldn’t find the post where Keith explained it, but it seems like the goal is to collect the jackpots from the bottom of the playfield to the top of the playfield. Do so and you receive a nice bonus. Not an easy task.

2 Likes

Taylor va was on twitch Playing attack from Mars and getting the objectives in the order they are in on playfield , which I think is a really cool to see and when I go see him next month will try

3 Likes

3-ball Multiball on Black Hole. it’s both difficult and risky to work towards, and it doesn’t really add much to your score potential. but it is really cool!

If you’re going for points, on most Black Holes i’ve played, you’re better off just throwing it at the drop targets and pops on the upper playfield, because the lower playfield is a major drain risk.

if the game is set up fairly easy, then you might try building the multiplier to 5x, getting a gravity accelerator or two going, and heading to the lower playfield to try to build up a crazy bonus.

you don’t need multiball to do either strategy, though. in fact, as far as i know, multiball doesn’t increase any scoring on the playfield.

and yet it is one of the coolest multiballs in pinball, in my opinion – 3 balls, some of which are falling towards you on the upper playfield, and some of which are falling away from you on the lower playfield … that is a frenetic and unique experience. i can’t think of another game that asks your brain to calculate trajectories on two totally different gravitational planes simultaneously. it’s hard!

actually, although multiball doesn’t offer any jackpots or increase any values, it does give the player one significant tactical advantage: once the three-ball multiball starts, the re-rentry gate stays open for the duration of the multiball, making the lower playfield 100% safe for racking up enormous bonuses. good luck keeping multiple balls alive long enough to take advantage of that, though. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not sure if stupid or fun…CDS 511 million with nothing but right ramp to piston combo.

Throw in the occasional shot to the fuel targets for double scoring :slight_smile:

Some of my best games of MET have come this way.

GB: Stay entirely within a scene ladder all the way to WCWS before switching. Without any of the 1.10 mode timeout or continuation gimmies.

1 Like

I can get carried away with just about anything combo based. Had a Ripley’s a few months back and occasionally I would just play games trying to get the two-way and Super two-way as many times as I could (and to see how high the value would build. Unfortunately, it’s not that high).

That might be harder to do with the continuation option enabled, as you can start a scene in a different ladder if your final mode shot is also a mode start shot.

1 Like

I think he means the continuation you get from losing a ball and having the same mode continue at the start of the next ball. Yes, one of the things that makes this task difficult is not accidentally starting something from another ladder.

It can and should be done this way though :wink:

2 Likes

I love that finishing spooked librarian with a weak right orbit backhand won’t actually start a right ladder mode unless the ball makes it all the way around; nice way to get out of having to take a more dangerous shot if you’re angling for Back Off Man.

3 Likes