Strategy during Transporter multiball

Studying up on some unfamiliar tables. :slight_smile: Most of the time, I’m able to understand the logic of the shots made during gameplay videos, but I’ve found one that has me stumped.

So, I’m watching the gameplay video of Transporter: The Rescue: http://pinballvideos.com/?v=216

At 4:25, the player has two balls trapped on the right flipper. He then hits the x-cellerator target (awarding 80k), instead of hitting the last remaining drop for a jackpot (which would have awarded 1.5M). Why?

I’m pretty sure it is deliberate, as he goes for the same target later in the same multiball. Am I missing something?

1 Like

You’re missing the fact that you’re watching a Transporter: The Rescue video. :wink:

2 Likes

Sunshine, I don’t know the answer to that, but I can offer a very useful tip on Transporter that you won’t see on that video. When balls are released from the ship and you are trying to hit the ramp into the bowl with the upper flipper, there is a very good/easy way to do this. Simply hold the upper flipper up, the ball will trap between the flipper and the ramp. Then just release, then flip for an easy shot into the bowl. If done right it’s fairly easy to hit all 3 balls, one at a time, into the bowl. I learned this from watching Robert Gagno at Pinburgh 2 years ago.

Thanks for the tip, Chris!

I would point out that while that seems to work on the PAPA game (which in this case is all that matters I suppose), that doesn’t work on every Transporter.

And I guess I owe a serious reply to your original question, and that is I have no idea. I would be shooting the jackpot, personally.

Which is sadly more fun than playing it :wink:

2 Likes