Stranger Things Rulesheet

Good point. But this is a thingā€¦ Last night at our launch party, one of the top qualifiers got 15M for doing absolutely nothing. Ball 3, ball rolled into scoop. Upside Down started. Ball fires out of scoop, hits two drops targets on the right, and drains down the right outlane. 15M added to his score on the way out! LOL

better to be lucky than good sometimes!

1 Like

15m is the exact value of two drop targets collected from Upside Down at max value.

I guess I wasnā€™t clear that I knew that was where the score came from. LOL

Oh, I see now. Haha!

Yeah, in my last league night where we played Stranger Things, only 3 of 17 scores were above 23 million. Could have won most groups with one or two shots to the Upside Down.

Iā€™ve even completed all four for 30m in a single flip: take out the left two with your first shot and then have the ball ricochet into the left saucer, which kicks the ball into the two remaining drops.

1 Like

In our limited time with Stranger Things in league, here are the stats. 30 plays, Average 29.5M, High 133.9M, Low 1.6M
In our launch party we had a four player group where somebody advanced with 6.8M! Then later in the finals, I came in last with 67M. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Still figuring out how Bonus is determinedā€¦

Does anyone know if the demo kill for full value with a one time mouth shot is timed? If gotten 10million for a mouth kill and 15 million. Both were on the first shot.

Also need clarification on how the SJP values work in Telekinesis MB. The base value seems to be 6MM.

Then you can get 3x scoring by locking two balls on the backboard, as well as 2x playfield. Thatā€™s 6x by my count. Iā€™ve gotten 36mm for a SJP before but Iā€™ve also gotten 60 million. No idea how that works.

Itā€™s also doubled if shot as a combo. That wouldnā€™t explain 60m though.

Weird. Are all combo shots doubled? The game has no indication of combos ever until you have the 5 way combo light come up. Haha.

But if the multipliers added so 3x from the lock plus 2x playfield, thatā€™s 5x or 30mm. Then a combo shot is doubled so 60mm

there are graphics displayed for 3-way, 4-way combo and 5-way combo

1 Like

Not on the playfield. Just have to guess.

Iā€™m assuming itā€™s a combo. If you hit the lock for 2x and then the SJP immediately, itā€™s 24m. If you havenā€™t hit anything for a few seconds in that same scenario, itā€™s only 12m

1 Like

Hopefully they add flashing inserts to help tell how much time we have to make that combo.

Itā€™s a combo - Iā€™ve seen other situations where I scored twice the expected on a combo shot.

??% of scoring in each of the categories, plus some base value. Multiplied by every other inlane completion (?)

I think the main chunk of bonus is points earned in completed modes.

Depends on how the game goes. Iā€™ve had bonuses be almost exclusively Telekinesis after collecting 4 SJPs between 2 multiballs.

1 Like

Total Isolation multi is where the big points are currently. I had a 168 million TI multi-ball tonight on the latest code, finishing the game at 288 million. Not really a fun way to play, but I sometimes just start and then timeout the regular modes so I can get to Total Isolation.

Just got more than that on the second demo mode the other night. Almost 300 million in that.

All the demo MBs can be really good.

Also the second total isolation is crazy points too. Got a SJP in that tonight that was almost 200mm alone.

2 Likes

Iā€™d argue for the bonus as well - my best game in our launch party (313M) consisted of ~165M in bonus from those Telekinesis values plus bonus X.