Stranger Things Rulesheet

@chuckwurt… how can you get 50-75M on this mode if there are total of 5 hurry-up shots that start at 2M (and can be combo’d for 4M each, maximum)? That adds up to 20M max.

Total isolation 2. But I believe that was changed with .98. Should just be the one SJP. But admittedly I’ve only played it a few times since then (poorly).

Definitely need a dialed spinner (I had to adjust my switch as it wasn’t always registering).

My go to route on that is spinner, left, ramp, right ramp, spinner. If you can rock that with 2x scoring, look out. My favorite chapter mode for sure.

Sometime after 1.0 I’ll pop my glass and figure out exact scoring for things and update those items above that may be a bit off.

There’s a significant bonus at the end for doing the entire mode as a combo.

Just checked. 2mm,4.5mm,5mm,5.5mm,6mm plus a 50mm bonus for doing the whole mode as a combo. 73mm and change assuming the first hurry up is 2mm when you collect it. That’s the max. Doubled if 2x scoring is running during that mode.

Kind of an all or nothing mode. The only way to get the 50 million bonus is to really max our those individual shots.

1 Like

Biggest all or nothing mode: Where’s Barb. lol

1 Like

I think the value of the “stranger points” mystery award is always 11 in binary. Cool.

Yep. Always assume value, but can be doubled via the playfield multiplier.

@chuckwurt interesting new “spot mode qualification” via Mystery lane in latest code (until you’ve started 2 modes)
What’s the logic of which of the 4 major shots it spots progress?

I didn’t add that because I’m not 100% sure on the order when progress is tied between two shots.

But, the shot that has the most progress, the game will spot that one. So I like to get the right ramp going then use the lane to start that mode since I’m bad at the right ramp.

If all the shots progress is equal, I know that the left ramp is priority 1, then I’m not sure. Maybe right orbit, left orbit, then right ramp. But again, not 100% on that order.

1 Like

I recently obtained a Premium (babysitting until 12/14) so been playing it a bunch since last Wednesday. I skimmed through all the comments here but didn’t see anything regarding 2 things I noticed during gameplay.

1. Shooting the left dead-end standup spots a shot to a given mode, is this accurate?
  2. Last night I was playing but can’t remember exactly what other mode I was in, but I also started Where’s Barb and one shot up the middle completed the mode for 40M. How is that setup and is that an option for all of the other modes as well?
  3. The magnet lock never works. I haven’t adjusted it yet. My question is when in TK MB, and I shoot the left ramp, even though the magnet doesn’t hold the ball, does it still award 2X scoring?

Until you’ve played two modes that lane spots you shots towards starting modes and will start the mode for you as well. It doesn’t spot shots while in a mode.

If you find barb on the first shot it’s worth 40 million. No other mode works like this.

No. If you have it working, one ball on the lock is 2x, two up there is 3x. It’s not playfield scoring, it only multiplies the SJP collect.

If you disable the TK lock, it will behave like a pro. First shot to the ramp is 2x. You’re limited to 2x SJP just like the pro.

All of this is in the rulesheet above. :wink:

3 Likes

Updated the rulesheet for 1.02. Enjoy!

2 Likes

On where’s Barb? Is there any hint so you can hit the right first shot? I got the 40m last night by fluke.

Neil

No way to know. If you hit the saucer it will tell you, but you won’t get 40.

1 Like

What’s everyone’s take on the bonus multiplier? Does it create any issues with balancing or is it implemented well enough that it works in the game?

Implemented well imo. The Max 5x keeps it under control and it incentivizes to the player to work the whole playfield to get that bonus up.

Even if you were to crush every ball at 5x, 500 million is about the max you can get for any one bonus collect.

3 Likes

Anyone know how Bullshit works? Does it significantly contribute to bonus? I had a game last night where something gave me a ~200M bonus on top of my ~200M score, but I’m honestly not sure what. This was just after a Bullshit frenzy stacked with a 3-ball multiball (telekensis, I think).

I don’t think bullshit contributes anything to bonus unless they lump it in with the 10% of chapter mode scoring for that ball piece. I don’t think it does though. Most of your bonus carries ball to ball. Did you have good bonus X and were you pretty deep into the game?

You can see above for all the items that contribute to end of ball bonus.

1 Like

I’m wondering if BS mode is enabled by default. I was surprised to start the mode on a game at a kid friendly location. Don’t think the operator turned it on, but I could be wrong.

I noticed the same. So the benefit of the Hold Bonus award is pretty minimal, correct?
Looks like it only holds over your seasons’ 10% of chapter mode scoring for the next ball?

Yeah. So just have to really crush some modes if you get hold bonus.