Stern Godzilla Rulesheet

Any secret combos end with a saucer hit?

2 Likes

I know of Maser Cannon target to bumper, and I also know one of the city combos is right ramp - left ramp - scoop.

Plunge a spinner lane skill shot to super-secret skill shot combo with all that other stuff already lit at the scoop.

1 Like

but you can’t get the super-secret skill shot if you hit the saucer before the scoop

Now make that right ramp/left ramp combo the first two shots on a Rage Combo where the ramps also give building damage, and you’ve got yourself a decently nice backlog even before you park the ball in the scoop!

On MZ victory MB what happens after you make all the shots? Do you shoot the building to relight them?

And I don’t mind the clips, gives me a chance to bask in my stack.

You have to shoot the reverse building shot (wallop shot) to get the super jackpot after you’ve cleared all the yellow jackpot shots. The heat ray won’t spot this for you, either. Ya have to actually hit the shot.

2 Likes

Thanks, didn’t catch that during the call out.

Thanks for pointing that out. Will add Heat Ray support to that shot next update.

12 Likes

I assumed this was intentional. It becomes quite the battle when nothing else is lit and you have to hit that on purpose to continue. And I’ve actually even achieved it a handful of times (though not usually).

Our local LE is lighting GZ MB locks in the middle of a Kaiju battle - for example, I’ll be in Gigan, and after a couple ramp shots my GZ lock will light and the building will divert the ball back to the same flipper. I don’t recall this happening before, and makes comboing out Gigan impossible. Is this intentional or a bug of some sort?

Sounds normal to me

3 Likes

This is just how the premium/le works. It makes Gigan easier (just repeat whichever ramp you hit more consistently) but less valuable. Great time to complete jet fighters though!

3 Likes

Yeah, definitely easier to rip through the mode but less points. Didn’t remember this happening before (unless I had GZ MB locks lit first and then started Gigan), but I guess I’m off/misremembering. Thank you! (And @raydaypinball)

Would starting Gigan with no lower floor damage be enough to stop the ramps from qualifying locks throughout the mode? I have a pro and it seems the ramps are only good for a certain amount of upper floor damage before they stop awarding anything and you have to hit the front door for lower floor damage instead.

Four shots total to either ramp disables ramp damage and only leaves building lit on premium. Magnet needs to grab and hold the ball for the building to lower. Building shot will stay lit white if magnet misses the grab.

If I accidentally shoot the scoop to start a battle and lock is lit, I play Gigan because it’s the easiest city to finish. If building is up, I play Ebirah. Those are the two easiest for me and neither needs a heat ray to complete.

The other day, I made the final shot to complete Gigan on the right ramp (second city, EB) and also collected my 10th jet on the same shot. 2 EB’s and a tasty finishing bonus on a single shot.

2 Likes

Depending on the physical copy, ski jumping the LE lowered-building ramp feeds can still set you up for combo Gigan points. Though I personally prefer the safety and reliability of the single-value points from looping the same ramp over and over.

2 Likes

Four shots total to either ramp disables ramp damage and only leaves building lit on premium. Magnet needs to grab and hold the ball for the building to lower. Building shot will stay lit white if magnet misses the grab.

So this contradicts the responses I originally got above (and I definitely could have been clearer originally, my apologies) - the building lowers while I’m hitting ramp shots. At no point do I hit the building or the magnet, I just hit a ramp for Gigan and the building lowers and lights locks. @phishrace’s explanation is consistent with my understanding of the intended behavior, but over the last week or two, our LE is lowering the building and lighting locks with no building shot to note.

There are occasionally times where the building moves when the ball isn’t on the magnet. I suspect this happens when the building is fully damaged, but a magnet grab is missed. Because you don’t want to move the building with the ball flying around, a made ramp shot may trigger the building to lower as it takes a while to get back to the flipper.

It sounds more like the game is getting phantom switch hits from the ramps or building. If you’re not making ramp or building shots and lock is lighting, it definitely sounds like a flaky switch. Even if lock is lit, you should still be able to combo the last shot by ski jumping over the raised flipper and shooting the other ramp. Game has to have enough pitch to do that.

1 Like