Star Wars (Stern) Rulesheet

This page should be wikified now.

Let’s hope the multiplier stuff works out more like GoT (difficult and risky to max out) than Ghostbusters (one skill shot).

2 Likes

Just updated the rulesheet with more info. If any of you are able to play the game over the coming days, help me out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

changing and locking multiplier in the fly sure is an interesting concept O_O

1 Like

It’s crazy. I was using my chin a lot. Haha

1 Like

So far this game seems really well done. I haven’t reach the far reaches of the game but the only thing weird I’ve seen is that it gives out crazy end of ball bonus sometimes. Not sure if that’s intended or what, but I’m not the biggest fan of that. Maybe if I understood how it accumulates it would be better.

Collecting massive hyper space hurry ups though? That’s amazing.

Also. I don’t like that the shot multiplier keeps increasing even if you have it locked on a shot. It should only advance if it’s red. Once it turns green that should be you deciding that you are satisfied with the X you’ve accumulated.

Also, once collecting a green multiplied shot, everything should reset. Right now the timer just keeps running and you can keep 40x rolling forever if you keep hitting the spot targets

I added some information on modes in the game – if you have any questions about the game itself or how the gameplay works, I stream it daily at http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r – I can do what I can to show you what you might want to know, or you can check out my vods that are already there.

1 Like

This combination would take a main feature of the game and make it basically worthless and/or even more swingy than it currently is. Instead of interacting with it constantly, you could ignore it until you’re about to shoot something great, lock it in, and shoot your one shot. Way less interesting than the current software. Watching @sk8ball Escape from Boba Fett while moving his X into the right place was sweet.

@DHS Is there video of this? I’d love to see it

I’m confused. You’re reason to not change the current multipliers rule is exactly one of the reasons why I don’t like the current rules. Perfect example.

Move the X to the Death Star. Play modes and tie fighter multiball and get the X up to 40. Start hyperspace hurry up collect for 1-2 billion.

I just feel like every time I’ve gotten the X up to 40 it just happens. I haven’t made a point to get there at all. Also it seems the game awards the doubler randomly a lot though the pops and mystery. I don’t think I’ve ever earned it from the drops.

Maybe just do the first part of my suggestion. Makes it harder to increase it and you always have to be aware of whether it’s green or red.

Not sure what software you are running but the doubler times out now.

Cool. I think I was playing .83. Once the doubler starts is it finite or can the timer be extended by hitting the standups?

Can someone explain how moving the shot multiplier works and the advantage to turning it on/off? I put 10 games on it yesterday and was so busy trying to keep the ball alive that I couldn’t really figure it out.

When it’s red it’s off. Green on. The shot will only be multiplied when it’s green. You can only move it with the flippers when it’s red. Toggle on and off with lockbar button.

3 Likes

You can only move it when it’s off, so depending on how efficient you want to get at shooting for big scores you can either park it on a shot and forget about it, or try to move it around in sync with every shot you shoot while playing (or some level of efficiency in between both extremes).

Are the bonus values out of whack? I feel like in the code I was playing, the scores I was getting from killing tie fighters + getting 10x bonus were way more valuable than working on modes or multiballs. In a 1.2B game I would guess 500-600M was from bonus.

All scoring is whacky right now. Bonus is mega, completing objectives is worth basically nothing and all side-objectives plus multipliers are worth triple mega.

Thx for the info on the multiplier shot. Does leaving it on make the multiplier value time down from 40 (or whatever) back to 1? Is there value in keeping it off to keep the value up?

The bonus bug is known (You are getting credit for completing missions you don’t actually play with your character which is why it was so high for doing seemingly nothing)

1 Like

About halfway through the DeadFlip stream a four-player game with KME in it starts. His first move is to start boba fett and run through it. (Sorry, I’m too lazy to find a timestamp… :stuck_out_tongue: )

But you’d just do the same thing, except you’d leave the X off until your hyperspace hurry-up. The current code allows people paying attention to get a bunch more points.

2 Likes

Ahh, I wasn’t aware of who sk8ball was. Now I get it. Thanks!