The Dark Knight
Indiana Jones (Williams)
Medieval Madness
Star Trek Pro

1 Like

www.challonge.com/gascs16
may broadcast something twitch.tv/gapinball

Games list for this weekend

State Finals games available to play. (can change by event)
Twilight Zone
Congo
Whitewater
Medieval Madness
Attack from Mars
Jack*Bot
Dracula
World Poker Tour
Addams Family
Whirlwind
Harlem Globetrotters
Paragon
Embryon
Skateball
Fireball II
Nine Ball
Blackout
Tommy
Joker Poker
Jacks Open pingolf?
Atlantis pingolf?
Sky Jump
Abracadabra

Pingolf Games (can change by event)
Theater of Magic
Circus Voltaire
Judge Dredd
The Sopranos
Centaur
Medusa
Flash Gordon
Safe Cracker
Jacks Open or Atlantis???
Genesis

1 Like

Game list for MO:

The Walking Dead Pro
Game of Thrones Pro
Wheel of Fortune
Mustang LE
AC/DC LE
Star Trek Pro
Ghostbusters Pro
The Hobbit
Medieval Madness R
Pabst Can Crusher
Iron Man
Kiss (Stern)
Kiss (Bally)
Metallica Pro
Joker Poker
Surf-n-Safari

For the 2nd year in a row I will be at work watching. Thanks in advance to all the streamers out there on twitch and youtube

1 Like

Since CA hasn’t been posted here’s the list and notes:
https://docs.google.com/a/orangephotography.com/spreadsheets/d/1l46OPwyT_gtx5qBs7gs9qYLTZ8Nq2hR6w4tp6r3Wn2M/edit?usp=sharing

Edit - that looks ugly so here it is as an image too:

So does disabled trap door on Dr Who mean that it is always stuck down, so every loop feeds the left flipper? That’s an interesting mod if so.

I don’t know that game very well and it was being discussed on our local pinball slack channel and they determined that likely it’d go down to the lower left flipper when you hit the side ramp so the multiplier strategy is harder (that’s right, right?)

Yep! It definitely makes scoring on that game far harder.

I would also argue that is pretty excessively nerfing the game. I can see how people can get annoyed at someone playing loops and Sonic Booms all day, but there is an enormous amount of skill involved in pulling that off to a huge degree. Between the two changes they’ve made there, I’m hard-pressed to see how you score much of anything. Play for W-H-O and video modes I guess?

3 Likes

exactly, we argued that quite a bit and INDISC 2 years ago had one which proved the point. If you have a hard, non consistent return to the upper flipper the game is hard enough.
Even putting a lighting flipper up top makes little different if the feed back is smooth and consistent.

I wouldn’t want to play VMs without high multipliers. Definitely WHO all day for me. Or multiball + REPAIR. :wink: TBH don’t get disabling the Time Expander too, but whatever. The CA guys are obviously masochists given those other settings (Gorgar with lightning flippers? :open_mouth: backdoored on Paragon? :cold_sweat: ).

Agreed. WTH? Do you really need to make Paragon HARDER? If so, just clean/wax it, put fresh bouncy flipper rubbers on, and call it a day.

4 Likes

All SCS games should have inlanes removed Doodlebug style!

3 Likes

Personally, I’m just impressed with the adjustment list!

1 Like

That’s right, Gene. Loop returns to lower left flipper every time.

1 Like

Holy crap. You’d think this was the PAPA A qualifying bank. Removing outlane rubber on Tommy? Why would you think that is needed?

1 Like

Given the field in California, I’d say it’s the closest thing to PAPA A qualifying this side of Illinois and should use games to match so it finishes in time for the winner to make it to Nationals.

3 Likes

I think the goal is to finish by 1pm so people can get back to SF before midnight :wink:

5 Likes

Connecticut bracket:

Http://challonge.com/2016ctscs

Stream will be at:

Our game lineup is:

Sharkeys Shootout
Title Fight
Black Jack
Algar
Stars
Scorpion
Flash
Atlantis (Bally)
Mousin Around
Bride of Pinbot 2.0
Demolition Man
NBA Fastbreak (Linked Pair)
NBA Fastbreak (Linked Pair)
Addams Family
Rack 'em Up
Dracula
Bobby Orr
Harlem Globetrotters
Frontier
TX-Sector
Hoops
Nip-It
Bow & Arrow
Full Throttle
Fireball Classic
Alien Poker
Space Shuttle
World Cup Soccer
Wipeout
Harley Davidson (Bally)
Congo
Hollywood Heat
Fish Tales
Dirty Harry
Shadow
Stargate
RoboCop
Pinball Pool
Dracula (Williams)
Ghostbusters
Incredible Hulk
Silverball Mania
Paragon
Viper
Sinbad

1 Like

If competitors choose NBA Fastbreak will they have to play them as a linked pair for their match? Or will they have the option to play it like a normal two player game?

3 Likes