Scores from Individual Pinburgh Games?

Wait… I thought the Super skill gave you 3x on the shot you make instead of the 2x on the shot (based on normal plunge, timed on an insert you hadn’t already used). And if you pick up a Light Multiplier on a shot, it’s only a 2x multiplier (unless you complete ALL the multipliers, which enables a 3x).
So wouldn’t a Super Skill Joker shot, with a one Light Multiplier collected on the Joker shot result in a 3x*2x = 6x Joker Super Jackpot potential?

The Super would be at 6x, but its base value is the sum of all the jackpots earned leading up to the Super.

And if those jackpots are also at 6x … the Super is effectively at 36x:

Joker Jackpot 1,200,000 (5 times) = 6,000,000 base x 6 = 36,000,000 Joker Super Jackpot

I did some checking last night on BDK and I can’t find any way to double choose a skill shot unless all three have been chosen and they’ve reset for ball four (EBs or 5 ball game). If you plunge a regular skill, then on the next ball, super the same shot, you’re awarded nothing. I also got the same result when trying it the other way around. I tested this only with Joker but I can’t imagine it would behave differently for the others.

1 Like

Thanks! In that case it must have just been desperation and bad memory on my part, and in a qualifying system where a midrange score is a zero, the risk of missing the tripler was worth taking :slight_smile:

I was seeded 103 for round #1 and finished at 308th overall after round 10. Hope that makes you feel even better.

Thanks Todd. You always make me feel warm and fuzzy! Just to be clear, the 208 I mentioned was my WPPR ranking going in. My initial seeding was 91st and I finished 267th.

You and I tied in Pinburgh!
Interestingly, my player ID was 303, initial seed 272, and overall finish 308.

Mine was around the 200 mark as well IFPA wise.

I remember that round well as we played Joker Poker as Game #1. Funny thing is that was my best game of the tourney at that point until round 10.

So for the Super Skill does it matter which rollover it goes over in the plunger lane or will either of the three main skill shot options count as your Super Skill Shot 3x as long as it wasn’t already lit?

e.g. ball one you choose super skill but when it passes over the rollovers Scarecrow is lit - you hit Joker drop - do you get Joker 3x and that lit solidly or do you have to hit Scarecrow? or do the flashing rollovers not flash? I only learned about this right before Pinburgh at the pin golf and did it successfully but tried to time the plunge to go over the Joker but wasn’t sure if you had to hit the rollover on the right selection AS WELL AS the actual shot (Joker drop in this case).

2nd example: ball two - already used Joker, but choose Super Skill and ball goes over the solid Joker but you hit Scarecrow - will this count as a super for Scarecrow and light that solid?

Thanks!

It doesn’t matter. If you miss a super skill attempt at any of the three options, you get no award and nothing will be lit in the shooter lane, regardless of which one was lit when rolling over the inlane switch on the plunge. Holding the left flipper essentially disables the choice at the plunger and lights the three shots on the playfield instead.

You get joker 3X and you do not have to hit Scarecrow.

Yes, that would count as a super skill shot towards Scarecrow and Scarecrow would then be lit solid in the shooter lane for the remainder of the game—unless you got an EB or were playing 5 balls.

1 Like

Oh yeah, you crushed that game of Joker Poker! Funny to see we ended up in the same spot by the end of the day. Great playing with you!