School me on The Simpsons Pinball Party

Curious… what sort of score did this game earn you? I think I managed near 300M once when I owned one but never got that much stuff going in a single game.

335M on the game above. I was intentionally focused on trying to get to SDMEWM, so there were many times that I was not doing “normal” score maximizing things (like using Couch MB’s and I&S MB’s to light/Collect Otto, or shooting left orbits to collect Cletus kids).

Yeah I’ve used the start button trick probably 20 times or so on mine (I manage to end up with two balls in there quite often for some reason~) and it’s worked fine every time. As keefer mentioned though, you should pay close attention when you start AI because the instructions will explicitly mention the start button trick if the machine is running a ROM version that supports it. Only other thing to note is that it will also eject any other balls you have locked as well (couch/otto).

Does this mean that the code is smart about skipping the ‘Max Feature X’ chalkboard awards if the feature is already at max value? That would certainly make getting that elusive ‘Hold Bonus Value’ and ‘Hold Bonus Multiplier’ stack a bit easier…

I’m pretty sure the chalkboard only awards value holds. There’s just a lot of values that can be held over.

Ahhh, ok, I understand what you meant now

I finally did it!! Made it to SDMEWM yesterday!
Got the SJP on Mystery Spot for the first time (second attempt in the game), and had a great game leading up to it, so SDMEWM was lit immediately after draining out of Mystery Spot multiball.
Ended the game at 413M.

I’ll probably post the video of SDMEWM to the Bat City youtube account later. Thankfully, one of the restaurant employees was willing to take a break and shoot the video over my shoulder. :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Are you talking about backhanding the right ramp from a cradle on the right flipper? Sometimes I can backhand the ramp if it comes off the left flipper just right, or while doing a slap slave that goes from L to R flipper, but never from a cradle on my game. Not even close.

Kind of wondering if my flippers are set lower than normal…

Did a search and this seemed like a decent place to ask oddly specific TSPP rules questions…

• In Krusty’s nightmare does the value it show on screen get applied retroactively to the spins you made? Like if you shoot it and you see 70, 950, 1,550,10,880 did you actually score (10,880 x 4 ) or no?

• In SDMEWM what does completing all the 2x red lights do? The instructions just say “for bonus”

• In SDMEWM do Otto 2x’s continue to run secretly in the background as long as the timer is still going?

• Are the Otto 2x “random” order secretly non random, and actually will try and 2x a shot in which you have a mode running that features that shot? Sorta feels like it but I could be imagining…

• Do you get any compensation for starting alien invasion with a Treehouse mode running or does it just end the mode, too bad, good day sir?

Don’t you have access to the source code to look up these answers? :smiley:

2 Likes

Whitestar was a long time ago man…

^^^ Possible preview to Ray and Tim’s next game. LOL

Just been playing a ton of TSPP.
Just found a bug: Victory Laps on the TV loop are not doubled when the living room is 2x scoring!

3 Likes

I don’t believe it’s possible to start Alien Invasion with a Treehouse mode running. The timer needs to have expired before you can start Alien Invasion, and all of the timed the Treehouse modes use and restart the timer.

Good luck getting an answer to your SDMEWM questions. The only time I got there, I was too excited to pay much attention to what was going on – I only remember lots of shots being lit for lots of points. Since then, 95% of location games have a broken garage door, or some other problem, which make it impossible to ever see it again.

“Five years later”.

Sheesh.

I guess having email notifications turned on for this thread at least made me log in here again. Completely forgot about this place.

Yeah but you can have no timer with alien invasion lit, and then start a treehouse mode (which promptly ends upon hitting the TV :sob:)

1 Like

All timed treehouse awards give you something before the mode is stopped. I believe Apu gives you some number of loop shots, and Crazy Extra Ball actually awards you the EB/points. Similar to how you get credit for 10 victory laps if those were running.

5 Likes

you just need to pay a visit to Ray so you can play his home TSPP :wink: