The Trash Talker Invitational Podcaster Bloodbath is coming to ReplayFX!
if you host a pinball podcast or blog and would like to participate please let us know here or on our facebook event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/188634235074644/ Make sure to click interested or going on the page so you’ll receive updates on the tournament.
Here are the details:
WHEN WILL THE TTI-PB TAKE PLACE
Saturday July 28th 7:00pm or after the Pinburgh champion has been crowned
WHO WILL BE INVITED TO PLAY?
Any Pinball Podcast or Blogger that has recorded at least one show in the past twelve months is eligible to play
• a team of past TTI champions will be invited.
• The TTI-SC reserves the right to add additional teams.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT?
• This will be a three player team tournament.
• Each team will consist of the podcast host, co-host and will be allowed to bring in one “ringer” to assist them.
• In the case of single host podcasters - they’ll be allowed to bring in two ringers.
• Ringers must have been a guest on the podcast. Exceptions can be made by the TTI-SC.
• The tournament will consist of four player groups playing four games. Each player will get to choose one game. Scoring will be 5 - 3 - 2 - 1.
• The four highest scoring teams will advance to the finals. In case of a tie a one game tie breaker will be played by the host of the team. The tie breaker game will be chosen by a member of the TTI Selection Committee.
• Finals: The top four podcast teams will be represented by their host in one more round of 4 games to determine pinball podcaster supremacy.
• Stuck balls – Here at the TTI we play old school pinball. You’re on your own to free stuck balls- if you tilt it’s on you. The only exception to this is if trying to free the ball could damage the machine. In that case a TTI official will make the ruling (most likely an unfair one)
• Headphones are forbidden
• The use of vulgarities and taunts is highly encouraged.
• Additional rules may be added.
this is a non-sanctioned event- please don’t blame the fine folks of PAPA or ReplayFX for any shenanigans that occur at the Bloodbath,
Just my two cents: for maximum trash-talking entertainment value, might be better to have teams of two square off against each other, or in a four-team format on a four-player game. Have each team play P1 on ball 1, P2 on ball 2, and then split flipper on ball 3 (or ball 5, whichever is the penultimate ball).
Split flipper might even lead to Podcast teams trash-talking / berating each other intra-team. Could get interesting!
Please e-mail me with details on this event when you have them finalized (FX or PAPA contact pages work). It’s a fun idea, and I may be able to help with some of the structure behind the scenes or help get the word out. I’m a big fan of these kinds of fun / silly events.