Pittsburgh Pinball Open 2019

THE PITTSBURGH PINBALL OPEN
A STERN PRO CIRCUIT EVENT

WHERE:
Pittsburgh Pinball Dojo - 2 N Balph Ave, Bellevue, PA 15202

WHEN: October 3-6, 2019

In addition to the tournament machines, portions of the facility will be open for free play with your paid door fee.

There will be a $10 daily door fee, with all games in the building set to free play.

This year we will have the main tournament, 3 classics tournaments (one each day) and the Women’s tournament.

There will also be a strikes tournament at Kickback on Wednesday October 2nd! Details availble here: https://www.facebook.com/kickbackweekly/

Earn free entries! See details at the end to find out how you can scorekeep to earn free entries!

Schedule of events:

Thursday October 3rd
10 AM: Doors Open - Qualifying for Main Tournament, Classics I, and Women’s tournament begins.
7 PM Qualifying for Classics I ends. Playoff begins.
Midnight: Doors close for the night.

Friday October 4th
10 AM: Door Open - Qualifying for Main Tournament, Classics II, and Women’s tournament begins.
7 PM Qualifying for Classics II ends. Playoff begins.
Midnight: Doors close for the night.

Saturday October 5th
10 AM Doors Open. Qualifying for Main, Classics II, and Women’s tournament begins.
3:00 PM Qualifying ends for Women’s Tournament. Playoffs begin.
7:00 PM Qualifying ends for Classics Tournament. Playoffs begin.
11:00 PM Last entries for main tournament sold. Players who have volunteered at least 4 hours of scorekeeping may purchase entries until midnight.
1:00 AM Doors Close for the night. No new games for the main tournament can be started.

Sunday October 6th
10:00 AM Doors Open.
10:30 AM Main tournament playoffs begin
7:00 PM Doors close

Contact pittsburgh.pinball@gmail.com if you have any questions

TOURNAMENT DETAILS

MAIN TOURNAMENT – Qualifying will be held Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with the finals being held on Sunday.

Qualifying will use the PAPA style scoring system. Players will pick 5 games from a bank for their qualifying ticket.

Entries will cost $10 for 1 five game ticket.

RULES – After qualifying, the top 24 players will be placed in the A division playoffs. The next 24 players with an IFPA ranking that is not 1-699 will be placed into the B Division playoffs.

The playoffs will consist of a 24 player head to head bracket. The top 8 players in each division will receive a first round bye.

Each playoff matchup is a best of five series. The top seed gets choice of game or order for game 1, and the loser of each subsequent match gets choice for each additional game. You may not select a game for the playoffs more than 3 times throughout the playoffs.

Ties in finals standings will be determined by initial qualifying.

PAYOUTS – Payouts will be determined by total number of entries.

CLASSICS I, II, and III – Qualifying and playoffs will be held Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for each event.

Qualifying will use the PAPA style scoring system. Players will pick 4 games from a bank for their qualifying ticket.

Entries will cost $10 for 1 four game ticket.

After qualifying, the top 24 players will be placed in the A division playoffs. The next 12 players with an IFPA ranking not 1-699 will be placed into the B Division playoffs.

Playoffs will be conducted PAPA style. Three four player games scored 4-2-1-0 with the bottom 2 players in each group getting eliminated. The top 8 qualifiers will receive a bye in the first round.

The top seed in each group gets choice of game or order throughout the playoffs.

PAYOUTS – Payouts will be determined by total number of entries.

WOMEN’S TOURNAMENT - This will be a PAPA style tournament

Qualifying will use the PAPA style scoring system. Players will pick 4 games from a bank for their qualifying ticket.

Entries will cost $10 for 1 four game ticket.

After qualifying, the top 8 players will be placed in the playoffs.

Playoffs will be conducted PAPA style. Three four player games scored 4-2-1-0 with the bottom 2 players in each group getting eliminated.

PAYOUTS - Payouts will be determined by total number of paid entries.

COSTS:
Any Tournament Entry: $10
Daily Door Fee: $10
Registration Fee: $20 (One time fee Includes one entry to any tournament of your choosing.)

GET FREE ENTRIES! – For every hour you help scorekeep you will receive $15 in tournament credits that can be used to buy entries to any event. Scorekeeping credit can only be used to purchase tournament entries. If you scorekeep for 4 hours or more during the event you get extra time to purchase tickets for the main tournament on Saturday night. Scorekeeping credit must be pre-scheduled. Contact pittsburghpinballopen@gmail.com to schedule times. Scorekeeping credits can be transferred to another player. See the schedule at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vT31l3umHml-Wpjdj0VOYBxLHT6bjE-iS1_uBBbr-vZlVLMnFQL2-nLqfER1t4ZOdk1cVPmjqY1AIcE/pubhtml?gid=656458299&single=true&fbclid=IwAR1p3G58cTOmmaaSL5hmhZ0sYB0TLDXoHJsQvFPpKjsk2rt3aj38LGnmPZg

1 Like

Aww. I was hoping to go this year but it was announced here 2 weeks before the event and I don’t have enough time to plan a trip around this. Is there anything we can do next year so that circuit events are announced far ahead of time so us out of towners have a chance to plan our trip around it?

1 Like

Same here, I’ve attended PPO in the past but the “don’t announce the date until after Pinburgh” makes planning for it extremely difficult. Since it is on the Circuit, you really owe it to people to announce it far enough in advance to allow for travel plans. I had to skip it this year because of the late announcement.

Suggestion to Josh, make the announcement time frame for Circuit events 90 days rather than 30.

7 Likes

I guessed the right weekend and I still can’t go. Haha. I don’t think this has been a different weekend in a while?

2018 was the last weekend of October
2016/17 were both the first weekend of October
2010-14 were all held in June

2 Likes

Well not sure where I got my info from then. Haha.