PinFest Tournament 2019 - A Stern Pro Circuit Event

I think we have our motto for 2020!

I’ve gone ahead of drafted the event t-shirt for next year. Anyone can feel free to drop me a note if they want a pre-order.

22 Likes

Euro Tourney

I know this was in jest, but I think it would be hilarious to do this as a novelty side tournament. Find a game with 5 balls, and use one of each: regular pinball, powerball, glo-ball, one of those swirly pattern balls, and a solid black ball. Or just use each of the 5 colored glo-balls for multiball aneurysms. Overhead disco ball and blacklights optional.

4 Likes

One flipper is a lightning flipper; the other is a banana flipper.

6 Likes

Do that to the sorcerer at nationals next year to mix things up.

Right flipper banana.

1 Like

Put a 1" bingo ball in along with a normal one. Had a game once with one of each, took me forever to figure out why all the feeds kept changing

1 Like

I was one of the grey bars for the classics tournament. David Cohen US is my IFPA name, sry for the confusion (was correct for the main tournament)

Also, id buy one of those t-shirts. $20?

2 Likes

I would also buy that shirt.

3 Likes

So finally got around to setting up the games from pinfest (stars and atlantis)

Atlantis looks like they left the tilt where it was when I brought it - and I can verify that there’s not a thing wrong with the flippers (which were freshly rebuilt anyway before the tournament) - so must be a power issue at the show. I was recently made aware of issues with cheap extension cords and power strips having a lot of voltage drop and this is something that might be addressed next year.

As for the Stars, looks like someone DID think the tilt was too ‘loose’ as I brought it, and they tightened it up (too much, IMO) - I mean there were no posts in the outlanes and they took the rubber off the center post, it was gonna tilt no matter what at the original setting. I know it was too tight because after setting up at home my girlfriend was tilting it and she doesn’t even shake machines. I keep it set at the setting of ‘you’ll get a small decent nudge out of it but anything farther, it’s going to tilt’.

Oh, and looks like someone played around with the upper spinner, it was in major reject-mode and I had to bend it back slightly to get it where it should have been. Didn’t notice that at all on the stream but it looks like most people were going for the right spinner anyway.

2 Likes