Pinball Player Bio Sheet

how did this thing turn out? Did you reach out to any TD’s?

Despite lots of people visiting the form, I’ve only received 20 complete responses so far. Go fill it out, people! :slight_smile:

Any TD’s who have broadcasts coming up and would like a data dump are welcome to ping me. My plan is to set up a site where this data can be browsed or API-accessed, but I haven’t done that yet.

Done!

The questionnaire is too long - get basic info and then send a follow-up with the longer more drawn-out stuff. I’ve looked at this a couple times but never wanted to take the 15+ minutes to answer the short form questions.

Took me like 3 mins to do this. Did it on my phone.

Yeah, I gotta say it took like 5 min. or less.

Maybe I’m putting too much thought into responses, but the intent is to give people that don’t know you at all enough information to fill a couple minutes during a multi-hour broadcast - right? Seems like that should take more than a half-minute per question.

The only mandatory questions are your name and “yes, I agree you’re publishing this info”. For everything else, feel free to fill out as much as you want now; you can always submit more later and I’ll figure out merging the responses.

Personally, I was kind of envisioning this not as a super-in-depth biography, but more of a tip sheet that broadcasters could have at their fingertips, glance down, and get a few interesting tidbits they could throw out during pauses of the broadcast. “Joe Schober will be player 4 once the tilt bob settles down. Joe’s been playing competitively since 1995, and hey, did you know he met his wife through FSPA pinball league?” At that point, if the commentator expects to have a lot of time to fill, they might consider diverting the conversation to a related topic, maybe how pinball is a great activity for a first date, and save the remaining player trivia bits for the next time that player is up with time to burn, or other appropriate points in the action.

Thanks!

4 Likes