Pinball! Pinball! Pinball! Tournament report and format discussion

I should clarify that I’m only pointing this out because I have erratic/low attendance because our scene is relatively small with limited location play available; something new TDs or those with similar issues should consider.

Yes and no, depending on how many players and what the target no. of games is.

If there are 3 players and you set the total games as even - it works for all even no.s
If there are 5 players, with 2 machine. It works if total games are divisible by 4.

I’m sure there’s a formula to prove it, but don’t ask me what it is. Although I’m sure some on here cam run the numbers. It makes no difference whether there are an even or odd no. of players - It’s the target games that needs changing to guarantee everyone gets the same no. of games.

Worst case scenario, 1 player will play 1 game less than everyone else. That player would be random, as you can’t predict length of all the game times and matchups.

It was only a suggestion to make it fairer in the eyes of the players.

As you can see above, with just 1 exception (Paul moves from 5th to 7th) it matters not whether total wins or win percentage is used to calculate positions.