Pinball! Pinball! Pinball! Tournament report and format discussion

If you think that’s a better result, you should not run a Flip Frenzy. It’s not about “not losing,” it’s about winning as much as possible in a limited amount of time. 14 > 12. When you guys are done bastardizing FF it’ll just be a more efficient queueing system for normal boring tourneys.

Guess I’m gonna have to move to Australia where they don’t suck all the fun out of unique formats.

Why not run a traditional one?

You’re obviously free to continue to run yours anyway you’d like. What I’ll continue to do is run mine how my players want. If that happens to be win percentage, then that’s what they’ll get. If it’s not, then they won’t. And as of right now, that’s what I’m being asked for. If you want to call them all stupid and tell them they hate fun, I’m happy to let you do that in my facebook group.

Out of the three ways to determine a victor–net wins, win percentage, or total wins–I think net wins lends itself to the least shenanigans. There’s not much incentive to slow play and there is less incentive to concede matches because the losses really hurt. It’s the happy medium of the two other options.

14-1 and 12-0 are both a good night I can’t really say which is better for determining a winner. If you like the chaos and frenzy side of the format total wins is definitely the way to go.

We decided to have a finals after the 2-3 hours frenzy to try and squash the 14-1 vs 12-0 debate.

When did I call anyone stupid? I find that it’s usually smart people who hate fun anyway.

FINAL FRENZY HYPE!