PHILA Pinball Presents: PracticeBurgh!

Hi Everyone! We’re going to be running a Pinburgh-esque practice event in Philadelphia two weeks before the main event, and we’re calling it “PracticeBurgh”.

PHILA Pinball Presents PracticeBurgh

Sunday, July 15, 2018, 10am
Pinball Gallery in Malvern, PA
10 Rounds of Group Match-Play
Single Games on Various Eras of Machines
Split Into Divisions After Round 5
"Practice Finals" for all participants after Round 10

Tickets are available here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phila-pinball-presents-practiceburgh-tickets-46790095435#tickets

The cost is $35, which will cover all-day entry into Pinball Gallery, ticketing fees, and contributions to the Prize Pool.

We are capping the entry at 48 players. After those entries are sold out, we will maintain a waiting list. Refunds will be given up to seven days before the event.

A basic rules document is here:

Please drop us a note if you have any questions!

Man I was really wondering how you were going to manage 10 rounds in a single day until I saw it was single-game groups :slight_smile:

Best of luck, this looks super fun.

Thanks! “MiniBurgh” was the other name I was considering for the event given that it’s one-game rounds. Pinball Gallery also has some fast-playing older games that (if we group it right) should get through some of the rounds quickly.

Remember to use similar speed pins across all groups for each round, if possible. If you’re using MatchPlay, you can group pins into two categories: Fast and Slow playing. And then alternate rounds on which category you draw Arenas from. In a single round, you don’t want one group playing Slick Chick while another one plays GOTG. :slight_smile:

I guess since I’m going to win Pinburgh I mine as well win this first.