PATL- "Pinball at the Lake Match Play Classic"!

What is HOOPS again? I’m terrible with pinball machine acronyms.

Only the best game I’ve never won at the auction… :cry:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1235

Wow, not an acronym!! Haha.

So the ball launches right into the pop bumpers? At any rate, looks fun.

The multiball rules are pretty awesome. Think Alien Invasion but the balls you relock kick out after a few seconds - so you have to go LOCK-LOCK to collect the ‘jackpot’ (1 million), or LOCK-LOCK-LOCK in a few seconds to collect the ‘super’ (3 million).

What’s more fun is getting that Hang Time bonus (built on the spinner while it’s lit) so high, that the collect (at the captive ball while it’s lit) trumps the scoring you would get from the multiball jackpots. The captive ball shot is a tough one, but man does it feel good when you nail it for a good Hang Time collect . . . plus Special when it’s lit :smile:

3 Likes

“Shoot, man!”

1 Like

Going to broadcast the LimiFLIP setup for a bit using my Metallica, maybe 30-45 minutes if anyone wants to watch. www.twitch.tv/iepinball

2 Likes

Cool stuff!

I’m now 30 minutes in to this rebroadcast, and it seems you would have been better Cranking it Down for 5 million for your CIU modes so far. :expressionless:

How about CFTBL for LimiFLIP, and have the bowl switch add flips? You’d probably need to have the shooter lane or something else add flips as well.

Another variation on this theme: Start with even fewer flips (10 or so), but have a slightly easier to reach shot set to add a bunch of flips. Would be cool if this was in a water-based machine (Atlantis SS, Atlantis EM, Waterworld, etc.) and the shot would be thought of like surfacing for air, but really almost any game could work.

Let’s ignore my play and just say the broadcast is not going on the YouTube channel :stuck_out_tongue:

I absolutely LOVE the idea of CFTBL for the bowl! Makes the game do-or-die prior to multiball. Shooter lane can always be a reset to base value. Might have to fiddle with the starting value, no big deal though.

@pinbwzrd: Creech available?

Does the Hang Time collect during your ball reset it back to zero? Or do you get to re-collect it during end-of-ball bonus?

It only resets end of ball so you can multi-collect the building value throughout the ball in play.

Relighting that collect is a little tricky cause you have to shatz the right inlane, or with those gottlieb flippers you can often roll it back up to trigger the switch. I’ll do that on the left side too to light activating hang time at the top.

4 days left to register! 5 more players and ‘A’ div will be top 12 instead of 8!

Confirmed games:

TWD
AFM
IJ
BtC
ACDC
PS
Hoops!
HS2
W?D
Twister

• 2 more

POP charity tourney: CFTBL

See y’all on Sat!

What’s PS?

How’s the food at Lake Alice?

ACDC pro? please crank up the volume on Twister!!

Lake alice food is pretty good.

PS is Pool Sharks

TWISTER volume maxed! :wink:
“Everyone sign up for PATL now!!!”

Oops…ACDC premium

37 players!

Hocus Pocus and Sinbad added to game list.

I’ve been trying to spread the word these last couple of weeks on http://pinballmap.com/la_pinball

SIDE NOTE: I was driving to palm springs a couple weekends ago, and during a slight detour passed by this Royal Truck Stop in Colton (google street view link): http://bit.ly/1NnKKYG
The sign says they have pinball. Anyone know if they truly have machines? I guess I could just call the number on the front. I’m not even certain if it’s part of the Royal Truck stop, or if it’s its own thing. Looks like a lovely place, though.

Will there be a broadcast on twitch? Also, is there a website we can follow the tournament on?

LimiFLIP side tournament will be broadcast at www.twitch.tv/iepinball. There will be lulls while the main tournament is running though, might have a camera pointing towards the other games during those times.

Main tournament standings will be at www.neverdrains.com/patl2015.

1 Like

so what’s the TGP for this? Longest path to qualify in A final seems to be Adam P. with 12 rounds then semi final + final another 6 meaning full game, total of 18 meaning flu games aka 72%?
Will be much better with next year rules awarding double pts for 4 player games round :smile: