PAPA circuit event voting now open.

In the future you might want to give people more than one vote - It really seems to be a “whats closest to me” choice as is. Who’s actually voting for an event they cant attend, but feel to be high caliber?

Herb style? Limited qualifying? Pump n’ dump voting :wink:

Agree here, even though I personally did not vote for the event closest to me.

Also, if it is to be limited to one vote per person it needs to be authenticated somehow as I’ve heard rumblings about getting around the one vote per person limit :disappointed:

4 Likes

I’d like to see a system where you can pick three of the options and you rank them with 3/2/1 points.

A registered email voting system would help against the multi-votes. Some people will still register multiple emails, but it would prevent things like going to a library or an office and voting on all the computers.

Of course, this would all create more admin work for the PAPA crew, which I’m sure they could do without.

1 Like

Yes unfortunately it is very easy to vote endless number of times. Takes no work at all to do it from a single computer. Hopefully people aren’t abusing that.

Here is breakdown from facebook post

In case you missed it on tonight’s PAPAtv Live, here are the current standings for the Circuit voting for next year’s schedule:

1. Cleveland Pinball and Arcade Show - 13%
  2. Pinball at the Zoo - 11%
  3. OBX Flippers Fall Tournament - 10%
  4. Buffalo Pinball Summer Open - 10%
  5. Boras Pinball Open - 8%
  6. Dutch Pinball Masters - 7%
  7. 24 Hour Final Battle - 7%
  8. Bat City Open - 5%
  9. Vancouver Flipout - 5%
  10. Pinbowl 5 - 4%
  11. California Extreme - 3%
  12. NW Pinball Championship - 3%
  13. 2017 Texas Pinball Festival - 3%
  14. Silverball Rumble - 2%
  15. Portland Pinbrawl - 2%

Voting remains open until March 27th. Top 8 events make it onto the 2016-2017 PAPA Circuit Event calendar.

Not likely, especially during election season with all the discussion around ballot stuffing. When you see some event that historically have 40 people having 5x the votes of other events with 120+ people

True :frowning:
Last year we did 64 for 24 hour and hair a lengthy waitlist 20+ deep. This year we are expanding player cap dramatically now that we have much more space and the demand is there more and more every year.

We also put 2 New England events. Let the players choose which they think is the better event. Just to not make it a what’s closest event. In fact it probably hinders us as New England is splitting it’s votes :slight_smile:

surprised TPF did not capitalize on a captive audience this past weekend to vote for them .

I’m a bit surprised that all of the western US tournaments are out of the top 8 given the healthy player base in these areas. Are these tournaments really that bad? I’ve never been to any but CAX.

City Champ & INDiSC is west coast and I just came back from vegas which was 4hr plane ride west for me.

I was just referring to the additional 8 being voted on now. And IIRC Pin Masters is leaving Vegas next year.

Our player base may be too healthy. Portland Pinbrawl tickets went on sale before we knew whether or not we’d be a Circuit event and sold out in three hours without the draw of being on the Circuit, so we haven’t done much to encourage people to vote for us.

1 Like

Yea, 2017 will head to Dallas and 2018 back to Vegas from what i was told. Obviously all that is subject to change…

Here’s the tentative plans I’ve received from the AMOA . . .

2017 is in Dallas:
Nationals/Womens - March 16th, 2017
Pin-Masters - March 17-19th, 2017

2018 is back in Vegas:
Nationals/Womens - March 1st, 2018
Pin-masters - March 2nd-3rd, 2018

1 Like

Is there already a location picked out for 2017?

March Madness 2018 is from March 13 to March 23, so Vegas might be a whole lot cheaper to get to and stay at.

2 Likes

Amusement Expo info for 2017 is:

Sheraton Dallas in downtown Dallas is the host hotel. The show is at the K. Hutchinson Dallas Convention Center.

As for where Nationals/Pin-Masters will be held, I’ll need some help from the collector community down there to help make it happen.

For reference, anywhere near downtown is not a good idea for Pinmasters. Either the area north of the city, e.g. near where TPF was this year, or near the airport, e.g. where TPF was up to a few years ago are much better. Of the two, I’d go with the current area given a choice.

1 Like

Is Pin-masters 2018 really going to be 2 days rather than 3? I’m going to guess typo, and it should be March 2 to March 4.

Is there a known date for TPF 2017? Seems like those events could co-exist.

1 Like