NW Pinball Championships 2022

Does that in-pack the number of hours open under the IFPA grading?

do you mean the length of open qualifying that counts toward TGP? The schedule will not change, this is only to address people that may have last minute change of plan and won’t let us know to try and get alternates in.

so they the alt’s will have less time for qualifying in that case and that should = lower TGP

interesting point, i assume they would be happy to play if they can but i’ll check with Josh.

Personally I don’t think that would affect the TGP calculation all registered players have the opportunity at the full qualifying window and a very small portion will get less of a window but who is to say that some of them would have waited till Saturday to start burning entries anyway. I think a mute point myself.

We are inching closer to the opening of the Northwest Pinball Championships 2022!

We will announce the bank of games in the upcoming days. Please keep in mind that change can happen at any time due to games availability or issues.

We will open up for the 6 games that will make the WOMEN and the HIGH STAKES bank:

Genesis - D. Gottlieb (1986)
Godzilla (PRO) - Stern Pinball, Inc. (2021)
Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure - Williams (1993)
Paragon - Bally (1979)
Volley (EM) - D. Gottlieb (1976)
Whirlwind - Williams (1990)

1 Like

I’ll be curious to see how this goes. For TPF: I think we’ve typically only had around 3 people each year out of 160 that don’t show without notifying. And there’s a TON of effort, time, and communication that goes into managing cancellations and waitlist in advance of the event… leading to that low % of No-shows.

I lose zero sleep re: not trying to reassign such few spots mid-event. And further, there’s so many other things going on mid-event to manage as a TD and organizer, there’s not time to deal with this concept.

At least that’s my two cents from a number of years of experience with TPF.

i do not expect it to be a large number either but we have had a couple dozens local left out of the capacity of the main tournament so we want to try to accommodate a few more if we can.

I’ll let you know how it goes :slight_smile:

We had close to 30 no shows for YEGPIN I was surprised on how many people commit to playing in the event but stuff happens and are not able to show. Crazy stuff…

Today we reveal our Classic bank, made up of early solid state and Electro-Mechanical games from various manufacturers:

Big Game - Stern Electronics (1980)
Doodle Bug - Williams (1971)
Frontier - Bally (1980)
Mars Trek - Sonic (1977)
Quicksilver - Stern Electronics (1980)
Star Gazer - Stern Electronics (1980)

3 Likes

Doodle Bug continues to be the new hotness.
Well-done, LOS! :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha i am not sure how he knew :smiley:

mmmm Mars Trek

2 Likes

Always curious if someone manages to get the 1000 on Doodle Bug and starts it how to do manage that for score especially in a best game format.

On the player to alert scorekeeper for each roll :smiley: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

i wouldn’t hold my breath for it to happen too often :smiley: that thing is cute but deadly!

Finally, today we reveal our Open bank for our Stern Circuit event. The bank is expanding with a total of 10 machines where your card needs 5 of them:

Alien Star - Gottlieb (1984)
Barracora - Williams (1981)
Dirty Harry - Williams (1995)
Family Guy - Stern Pinball (2007)
Fish Tales - Williams (1992)
High Speed - Williams (1986)
Jurassic Park (PRO) - Stern Pinball (2019)
Metallica (PRO) - Stern Pinball (2013)
Rush (PRO) - Stern Pinball (2022)
Star Wars (PRO) - Stern Pinball (2017)

1 Like

b. Any player whose machine “rolls over” to a zero score is responsible for immediately advising the Scorekeeper, both when this is imminent, as well as when it happens. The Scorekeeper will then make a note to record the appropriately increased score. If the player fails to notify the Scorekeeper, he or she may not receive the increased
score.

Ha easier said then done on a game like Doodle Bug where you can’t trap the ball to get the attention of the scorekeeper. I doubt anyone will get that far but would be interesting if it happened.

1 Like

good thing the Doodle is pretty noisy, it lets itself known if it is working hard- :slight_smile:

1 Like