Most entertaining games to use in a 3 day qualifying, World Championship Herb Tournament

Congo - Super MB or GTFO!

Huh? Congo Super MB is less lucrative to a normal MB with any kind of reasonable diamonds collected since your last MB. It really sucks when you accidentally collect 100 diamonds when you’re only one lock away from your regular MB.

2 Likes

more like Skill Fire or GBIN (Get Back In Line)

8 Likes

HIPPO all day

3 Likes

I still dream of the day of starting a 99 diamond multiball as my first multiball

2 Likes

Yes, but not when Papa puts that 1957 Chevy coil spring on the shooter rod.:confounded:

Most valuable doubler/tripler I have found is right ramp prior to Battle Royale with Cheese, unless you are talking post superhero :smiley:. Back when I first started to really get hold of it, I would double/triple that ramp first opportunity I got, but back then the machine had full flippers, rubbers everywhere and a center post. But I agree, there are a lot of risk/reward decisions for maximizing points other than just Doc Ock/Black Suit all day, but the risk may outweigh the reward, even in herb. Didn’t I hear somewhere that Josh Henderson acheived super-hero at a circuit tourney recently?

Yeah, he tore it up at Bat City: 888M. Next best score was 148.
https://www.neverdrains.com/batcity2016/playerIndex.php?disp=game&sel=Main&game=127
Had lightnings, tight slings, open outlanes. It was remarkable.

3 Likes

Since I’m not an A player I’ll ask, does Adams Family become tour the mansion or bust, or was that always how it was? I know in head to head people would often go MB, but maybe in qualifying it wasn’t worth enough?

Got 489 million on Addams this weekend (no extra balls) without a Tour. It’s worth enough :slight_smile:

There are lots of ways to score big on TAF. Mansion is an obvious one, MB can be all right, but a lot of work for a potential bust, too. I know my 2 best multiballs on TAF are 5 doubles and 4 triples. That’s only around 100M-120M for what you need to do to get it.

In an epically long ball, the left ramp are where a lot of your points are going to be at. After 9 shots you’ve made 45M, then unlimited 10M shots after that. Don’t forget the potential for the swamp, too. When not trying for it, you’ll probably have the grave value up to almost 2M for ~10M swamp shots. However, the grave value does go up to 4M, or 20M swamp shots. Yow.

A reasonable tour where you’ve played the modes is probably somewhere around 300M. Flaming through them, closer to 200M. And that’s a lot of shots.

The best ball I ever had on TAF was just a few months ago for our Chicagoland Selfie League. Drained with over 600M and a LOT of side ramp and 10M swamp shots (and yes a fully completed tour). I’m not even sure that I played multiball that ball, though it does seem likely I would’ve gotten the first one.

3 Likes

I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned GoT Premium. It’s like the Pro, but with more ways to score billions (Lannister with playfield X is a few billion done right, Targaryen shots can get boosted to similar numbers, castles with max bonus are 150m each). Plus, it doesn’t have the Lannisters on the back glass. :slight_smile:

I think Joey(The guy who owns the SM) has done SH twice but, we’ve played the HELL out of SM. I’ve come close to lighting SH once. This is with the post rubber back on it and not nearly as clean and fast as it was at BCO. I wish I would have moved all of the BCO vids off of my laptop before the HDD died :frowning:

I agree 100% but… Joey said that he was able to control the lower PF without moving the upper PF flippers on my Congo. I guess its like stage flips? I also remember him saying you only have make whatever shot relights the lower PF letters once not once per SJ. So, you might be able to stage flip your way to unlimited 50M SJ. Anyone know if this is possible/true?

Ctrl+F Skateball not found :smirk:

2 Likes