Louisville Arcade Expo

Also heard twd, whoa Nellie, star pool, space station, and black pyramid. These could all possibly be wrong though :slight_smile:

I was making a mental checklist of what Sterns have been in LAX main before. Definitely have not used TWD so itā€™s a likely candidate. Others that have not been used at LAX are GB, IM, LOTR, HRC, KISS. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m forgetting a bunch more.

They gotta know the games by now right? Iā€™m getting antsy ! Also, I got my WCS all packed up. Iā€™ll see everyone around 7-8 pm tomorrow. Canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

Stern freefall in classics. Anyone know how to play that? Haha

This has to be one of the most controversial classic Sterns, since not only do you want to hit drops to build/multiply bonus (14x max!) , but you can lock balls using the center kicker and/or build the left hole and spam collections.

Thereā€™s also a pretty cash lit spinner.

Stern (aka That Drop Target Company) really let themselves go on this design!

Thanks. I havenā€™t played all the classic sterns but meteor is the only one I can think of where the drops donā€™t play a big role. This seems like an interesting shooter.

Youā€™re welcome! I hope it gets some love, especially since the center shot is a unique bit. If someone can harness that multiball for easy bonus building, thereā€™s going to be some crazy bonus rips.

Itā€™s also a high scorer everywhere, so thereā€™s multiple strategies if thereā€™s no nudge love on the lock.

Hey, the drops play a huge roleā€¦in that you always wanna shoot all but one of them! :wink:

3 Likes

Hahahaha. Man Iā€™m an idiot. Iā€™m like meteor is all spinner. but drops make the spinner the only shot. Haha

Main bank

JM
I500
Space station
TWD pro
AFM
Whitewater
Goldeneye

3 Likes

And Bally Atlantis.

Classics:
Evil Knievel
Mars Trek
Free Fall
Nitro Groundshaker
Black Pyramid

1 Like

Is it possible to turn off the progressive jackpot? Bally Atlantis is a fine game for heads up play because all players in the same game get the same starting jackpot value, but my impression is that the jackpot moves up and stays up from game to game until itā€™s collected.

1 Like

Honestly Iā€™m not sure and I even own one. Will be interesting to see over the weekend

I own one, too, and I hope Iā€™m just missing a setting. :slight_smile:

If itā€™s setup with factory hardware, the progressive jackpot thing wonā€™t be much of a problem. :smiley:

But game times will be. I have lightning flippers on mine and removed both outlane star posts. I did not disable the up-post, though.

1 Like

Okay Atlantis experts, whatā€™s my strategy for this?

When I was at Pinburgh I know I found some exploit involving the scoop up the middle, like it spots progress towards multiball and is easily repeatable or something, but I donā€™t remember the details.

The spinner lights on either inlane switch. Itā€™s not worth a ton of points by itself but combined with the top saucer itā€™s good value.

Shooting the 180 ramp also raises the middle post. If I have the ball on the right flipper without lock lit I tend to aim for that.

Locks are lit by hitting the 1-2-3 stand ups. Your first lock might be lit at the start of the game, but after that you have to hit all the 2s to light lock 2 then all the 3s to light lock 3ā€¦not an easy task. I donā€™t think there is a way to spot standup targets? Maybe someone else knows.

1 Like

Spot on.

The correct strat IMO is multiball all day, jackpot in mutlball (only 1 available), then work on the drop target bank and its corresponding awards during multiball, or spinner to top saucer if the saucer is friendly.

You can go in the slot shot to the right of the submarine to spot the next available number for multiball and get another chance at a top saucer (points, safe return to right flipper, up-post) and avoid having to hit the 1-2-3 standups directly.

Doesnā€™t the slot shot also increase bonus x? I didnā€™t realize it spotted a standup targetā€¦that makes it much better to go for from the right flipper than what I was saying.

It only increases bonus x when itā€™s lit to do so via the second award from the drop target bank.

Note that itā€™s kind of a tight shot, so itā€™s not the easiest thing to hit repeatedly. It can, however, be backhanded as well as forehanded.