Kickstarter to open a new location in Richmond VA

We have this occur often with kids at POP when they haven’t played before. A simple “you will get so many more points if you wait for the ball to come to a flipper” does the trick every time.

5 Likes

“Not tolerated” means the behavior isn’t ignored. You’re preaching to the choir with the manner in which you recommend its approached.

1 Like

Of course not. I said if I saw abuse I would confront it. Please don’t assume that I define abuse as kids simply playing the machine in the wrong way. Obviously there’s a constructive way to approach everything. We want and welcome kids! We do not think there will be an issue with excess wear from kids on the machines.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying. My interpretation of “tolerate” is quite different than “ignore,” but I’m happy to hear we have a similar approach to kids rapid-fire gunning of the flipper buttons. [quote=“Lam, post:43, topic:2086, full:true”]
Of course not. I said if I saw abuse I would confront it. Please don’t assume that I define abuse as kids simply playing the machine in the wrong way. Obviously there’s a constructive way to approach everything. We want and welcome kids! We do not think there will be an issue with excess wear from kids on the machines.
[/quote]

Also, thank you for clarifying. But you’re still maintaining that kids “playing the machine in the wrong way” is a subset of “abuse.” To define it as such is dangerous, because of the extreme nature that often goes along with that word. Perhaps just a difference of opinion and interpretation.

I’m glad to hear that you want to create a welcoming environment for kids.

2 Likes

I have 4 kids and children learn very quickly under gentle tutelage. And these machines were design to be played in bars so…

2 Likes

Slide saves and mule kicks or GTFO! :wink:

2 Likes

Taylor, I hope you’re teaching your kids the full palm flipper button smash. Every time I get aggressive with a machine, my fingers are numb for five minutes.

Bangbacks on WOZ was pinball101 in my house

1 Like

Noticed when browsing through Kickstarter earlier today that this project has been funded! Well done to all involved, and I hope it is a huge success! :smile: