Iron Maiden Pinball Rulesheet

I think I might have found an apparent bug on code v1.05.

So I had Mummy Multiball (MMB) ready to go (ball locked, inserts flashing in sequence) and also 2 balls locked towards Trooper Multiball (TMB).

I hit the sarcophagus newton ball which released the MMB locked ball from the sarcophagus, at the same time my shot ball travelled up the inner loop to lock ball 3 for TMB. Both balls ended up locked in the inner loop for TMB.

The game then proceeded to start TMB but loaded 2 additional balls into the upper loop first, so I had a 4 ball TMB.

Once I was drained back to a single ball (TMB ended) the MMB was still setup like it was ready to start (flashing red insert, etc.) but hitting the sarcophagus newton ball did nothing. I think it failed because there was no longer a locked ball in the sarcophagus lock to hit the switch at the back of the sarcophagus lock ā€œtroughā€.

In this case it should have detected the hit on the newton ball and started MMB by launching a second ball into play, I would think.

ā€¦an even better idea would be to let the player stack both MB if they can pull this shot off. :slight_smile:

4 ball trooper is a feature by doing what you just described. We even added it to the pro model.

4 Likes

Does anyone know how to get all 6 balls in play? I canā€™t figure out a way to do itā€¦ Cyborg caps at 5, trooper plus mummy caps at 5, mummy by itself caps at 5ā€¦

When you take a run to the hills, you will see the sixth ball in play.

You can also take the glass off :smile:

Nice!

But what should happen once Iā€™m down to single ball play afterwards? Should MMB still be lit?

Once I was drained back to a single ball (TMB ended) the MMB was still setup like it was ready to start (flashing red insert, etc.) but hitting the sarcophagus newton ball did nothing. I think it failed because there was no longer a locked ball in the sarcophagus lock to hit the switch at the back of the sarcophagus lock ā€œtroughā€.

In this case it should have detected the hit on the newton ball and started MMB by launching a second ball into play, I would think.

Do you need to relock MMB (left ramp) on premium before starting MMB if you do the 4 ball TMB trick?

Barring RTTH, if you can repeat the 8-shot Mummy AAB indefinitely, in theory you should be able to get 6.

Or just view the 6th ball as a spare in case one gets stuck. :slight_smile: (Creature has 3 balls in the trough yet only a two-ball MB.)

Yes. I believe father up the thread it was found as a bug and they liked it so much they made it a feature. For once, a good bug. Scroll up for details.

No

Until today, I hated the phase of Rime where drops and small loop were the lit shots. Today I swept the drops and was surprised the machine lifted the ramp fast enough to also get the super at the same time. This is now one of my favourite shots in pinball.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if there is an option on the Prem/LE to disable the center ramp from going up?

A game on location here has had a non-functioning center ramp for a couple weeks now and there does not appear to be any compensation. You canā€™t start modes/Cyborg.

Yes there is. The sarcophagus should also be disabled via settings when doing this. I suggest setting the sarcophagus to the step that is flush with the ramp feed before disabling it. When set this way via settings it plays mostly like a pro.

Lol. Someone needs to tell Daryl to do that then.

Haha didnā€™t realize who you were before posting. The hinge on the ramp broke on the one at Flip Flip so thatā€™s why I know.

I thought I would tag this video in this thread as maybe it could help someone in reaching a higher score as it deals with the middle/near end portion of the game. All level 2 EDDIE cards were shown collected in the video. Cheers :beers:

4 Likes

A fantastic four-player game of Maiden, played as game three of three in a final four in Germany this past weekend. Standings 4-4-3-3 going into final game. Enjoy! And thanks to JDL Pinball channel for the stream.

4 Likes

whoaaa yeah crazy, Johannes sure crushed those loop jackpots!

May have found another ā€œbugā€. I tilted on 2MTM on ball 2 as the mode came to its natural end (the time running out) but before the mode total explosion showed up. I start my next ballā€¦ with 2MTM already flashing, ready to go (again). It plays out like normal too with the shot values from my last legitimate 2MTM.

Just had an absolute monster of a game.
4.4Billion, including a Cyber Eddie score of 831mil, 13 sweeps of the drops and 2242 spinner spins!

Reached 7 Tomb treasures,
Loop Jackpot
Mummy Super
Trooper Super
Fear Soulshard (from a lv3 mystery award - I thought that was only available after defeating the Beast?)
Aces Soulshard
Rime Soulshard
Hallowed Soulshard

I had a qualifying score for the shard on Icarus, but drained as I was trying to collect it.

Had 3 of the 4 Eddie cards at Lv2. Can never quite manage getting the Lv2 card during 2 Minutes to Madness, but had I collected the Icarus shard which was there waiting to be hit, Iā€™d only have needed 1 more tomb treasure (only 6 way combo or defeat the Beast?) to reach the 9th tomb treasure, a random lv2 Eddie card which would have competed the set, lit the final tomb treasure and got to Run to the Hills.

The most annoying thing is, I had at least 3 5-way combos (Right Ramp, Left Orbit, Big Loop, Left Ramp, Right Orbit) this game, failing on the mini loop each time, and battled the Beast twice but only got him down to health of 12 and 4.

Guess Iā€™ll just have to keep trying.

Correction - the most annoying thing about the game is the logic/coding used for the upper orbits when a ball is saved or added in MB, it assumes that any shot made round them is due to the autoplunge thus not giving you the credit - even if you made the shot, Iā€™ve found it most noticeable in Cyber.

It would also be nice if on your second time round the modes in which you collected the Soulshard were not available so you didnā€™t have to faff about lighting and completing them, or at the very least the modes you did need to complete were locked in as first choice/s.

5 Likes