If the US can support a Hug Your Cat day, and the world can support a Tiger Day, I’m pretty sure we’re all ready for an International Pinball Day.
Just throwing this out there, along with exactly zero idea of:
a) How to make it happen
b) What an International Pinball Day might look like.
I’ll defer this to @Smack847 . . . something to put on the future agenda list
The date has to be whatever day Roger Sharpe went in front of the NY city council
I don’t have a date in mind, but I’m open to suggestions.
Spitballing some ideas off the top of my head:
- Make it a fundraiser with one charity as the recipient; ways to raise $:
- Tournaments (big or small, on or around whatever date would be specified) with $ going to the charity
- Bring a pinball machine to the office for people to play; ask for donations to the charity
- For areas with leagues, have the league members get together and do some volunteering together
- Bring a machine to a school or camp for show-and-tell
- Bring a machine to a nursing home
- Have businesses with location machines get together to advertise events happening on Pinball Day
@Smack847 Note the following from http://nationaldaycalendar.com/register-a-national-day/
“DUE TO A SUBSTANTIAL BACKLOG, WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM COMPANIES AND ORGANIZATIONS AT THIS TIME.”
That would make it the 2nd of April.
April 2 is also my wedding anniversary! Perfect! @nicoleanne
What about October 25th (Think 1947)?
That’s perfect because that’s mine and my wife’s anniversary!
If anyone really wanted to see her lose her shit, I’ll broadcast me letting her know about this day on Twitch.
The footage can then be used as evidence in my murder
In case anybody’s scratching their head re: 10/25/1947:
Also October 25th, 1999:
The day Williams fell. Shame that they’re not around anymore; they made many great games.