INDISC 2022 - February 3-6, 2022 at the Riverside Convention Center

INDISC IS BACK!

We are very excited to finally announce the next “It Never Drains in Southern California” Pinball Tournament, to be held February 3-6, 2022 at The Riverside Convention Center in Riverside, CA in conjunction with the Riverside Game Lab’s Festival of Fights. The Riverside Convention Center is located within convenient walking distance of many hotels and restaurants, including INDISC sponsor Riverside Food Lab, making it an ideal location for out of town visitors. Riverside, CA is also served by 7 commercial airports within 100 miles driving distance and there’s ample public parking in the downtown area for those who plan to commute in.

Returning INDISC Tournament Divisions:

• The Open IFPA World Championships (IFPA Major & IFPA Certified Tournament)
  • Classics Target Match Play Championship (120 player maximum)
  • Classics I
  • Classics II
  • Women’s Championship (IFPA Certified Tournament)
  • High Stakes (IFPA Certified Tournament)
  • Seniors
  • Kids

Both Women’s and High Stakes are moving to 5-game cards to become IFPA Certified Tournaments. Also, the Women’s Championship will be held on a dedicated bank of games this year!

IFPA is once again providing a brand new Stern Premium Pinball Machine to the winner of The Open! INDISC 2020’s prize pool was over $50,000 in cash and prizes!

Join the official INDISC Discord! INDISC

Additional information can be found on our website at www.indisc.com.

Tickets will be available Saturday, November 6 at Noon PDT / 3pm EDT via Festival of Fig... | Events

…and yes, there will be trivia!

We hope to see you in February!

-The INDISC Team

31 Likes

Very exciting news.

1 Like

So that means there is guaranteed 16 players finals for both, to be certified?

The tournament needs to have a dedicated qualifying portion and then take a minimum of 16 players into a separate finals portion.

Yes, both with take 16 finalists.

Anyone wanna let me crash for a night Wednesday? There’s no Chicago flight early enough on Thursday to make classics match play so I have to fly in late Wednesday if I want to play, but my hotel is booked with someone who’s staying Thur-Mon. Would love to save some money and crash on a couch or floor for a night :smiley:

haha you caught my drift and already updated the high stakes on the website? so fast!

Can’t wait, lots of fun ahead, will be there for the full 4 days!

What is Festival of Fights? Google has come up dry on me.

Here’s last years info on the festival.

3 Likes

If anyone thought the IFPA World’s use of the term “Sudden Death” was confusing (for a best 2 of 3 add-on), try understanding Festival of Fights rules on Sudden Death for Smash Bros:

“Self-Destruct Moves & Sudden Death: If a game ends with a self-destruct move, the results screen will determine the winner. If a sudden death occurs, a standard sudden death play-off game applies. If a game goes to Sudden Death, the winner is determined by stocks and percentage at the time the game ends. If both players are tied in stocks, the player with the lower percentage is the winner. In the event of a percentage tie, or a game in which both players lose their last stock simultaneously, a 1-stock tiebreaker will be played with a 3-minute time limit. The results of an in-game 300% Sudden Death do not count. If Sudden Death occurs in a Sudden Death game, this process is repeated.”

3 Likes

An FGC and a Pinball event in one place? I’m a fan haha

On the discord Alex (RGL) said there will be a FoF announcement end of next week (so ~10/22).

I would expect the popular modern fighting games to be represented in some way: Smash Ultimate, SFV, Tekken, GG Strive (?), Injustice, UMvC3 (oldie but goodie; RGL runs events for it) etc…basically anything RGL runs regular weekly/monthlies for.

I’m curious to see if spectating will be allowed for the FGC / INDISC events or if you will need a separate spectator pass to go from one “side” to another (if that’s how it’s setup). Personally it’d be cool for me to go say high to all my old FGC buddies.

Would also be hilarious to see some sort mini-exhibition where like the top FGC players try to play pinball and vice versa…streamed of course. :wink:

Cross promotion opportunities are there but who knows if either audience will respond since the genres are pretty different (yet similar in some ways).

3 Likes

Your one pass will get you into both events.

5 Likes

my sons will be so jealous. lol

INDISC Tickets On Sale Saturday, November 6!

INDISC passes for all attendees along with INDISC Classics Target Match Play tickets will go on sale Saturday, November 6 at 12pm PDT / 3pm EDT via Festival of Fig... | Details.

When purchasing your INDISC ticket and entry, please be sure to register as an INDISC Attendee on the ticketing site.

The 4-Day INDISC pass is $100 and will include 2 free The Open cards with purchases made through December 31, 2021.

Classics Target Match Play is $60 per person, limit 1 ticket per person/account. All Classics Target Match Play participants must also purchase the 4-Day pass for admission to the event.

The Festival of Fights/INDISC 2-Day weekend pass will be available as an early bird special for $60 up until November 15.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
Festival of Fights/INDISC COVID-19 Policy:

All attendees at Festival of Fights, including staff, volunteers, guests, minors, contractors, and vendors/artists must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to attend the event. If attendees are not vaccinated, they will not be admitted into the event.

PROOF OF VACCINE is required for entry and badge pickup. We WILL NOT be accepting Negative Tests in lieu of Vaccines. Please bring your vaccine card, clearly printed photocopy, or digital COVID-19 QR code showing you have received both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or 1 dose of a single dose vaccine. Pictures of your card will NOT suffice.

Additionally, all attendees at Festival of Fights 2022, including staff, volunteers, guests, minors, contractors, and vendors/artists MUST WEAR A MASK at all times while in any event ballrooms or corridors being occupied as event space.

6 Likes

A reminder that INDISC tickets go on sale THIS SATURDAY, November 6 at Noon PDT / 3pm EDT. This includes tickets for the 120-player Classics Target Match Play tournament. In the event of a match play sellout, the waitlist for Classics Target Match Play will not be available until a future date.

Tickets on Saturday will be available at Festival of Fig... | Register. We HIGHLY recommend you register for an account on the smash.gg website in advance and become familiar with the purchasing process.

PLEASE NOTE: Each ticket purchaser must have their own account. Multiple tickets cannot be purchased by a single individual.

When purchasing your INDISC ticket and entry, please be sure to select INDISC Attendee under the tournament options.

Please read through the Festival of Fights/INDISC COVID-19 Policy - Covid-19 Policy – INDISC & The Open IFPA World Championship

As someone who’s played Smash Bros. since the start, it makes perfect sense to me (and is the standard for deciding Sudden Death in Smash Bros. tournaments). But that’s because I understand the terminology used in it.

The short of it is that Smash Bros. games have a built-in tiebreaker, which is not used for tournaments as certain characters are considered advantageous over others.

For greater detail, if a Sudden Death occurs in-game, the results are rejected. Instead, just before the Sudden Death, the winner is decided in this order:

1. The player with the most stocks (lives) remaining is the winner.
  2. If the number of stocks is tied, the player with the lowest percentage (damage taken) at the end of the match is the winner.
  3. If both stocks and damage are tied, players play a separate match with 1 stock (life) and a 3-minute time limit, and the winner is decided in this way. If still tied, 1-stock 3-minute matches continue to be played until a winner is decided.

This is because Smash Bros. tournaments largely run on double-elimination. Someone who loses is then placed in the loser’s bracket, and someone who loses in the loser’s bracket is eliminated. They cannot have tied matches under this system.

P.S. You guys are lucky there isn’t a tournament for Pokémon Sword and Shield here. Those not in the know of Pokémon battling terminology would be REALLY left behind…

The address of the convention center is different on the FoF website, than the convention Center’s posted address. Can you tell me why that is? Julie

Probably just a mistake. Where exactly do you see it?

It’s here! INDISC tickets go on sale TODAY at Noon PDT / 3pm EDT at Festival of Fig... | Register

REMINDER: Each ticket purchaser must have their own account. Multiple tickets cannot be purchased by a single individual.

The only tournament with a capacity limit is Thursday’s Classics Target Match Play at 120 players. All other tournaments are open to ALL players with no capacity restraints.

Please be sure to select INDISC Attendee under the tournament options to let us know you are attending Festival of Fights for INDISC.

Will you become the next World Champion?

2 Likes

Hoping to get in on the Target match play but if not…I dont see the waitlist on the INDISC website. Will that go live at Noon as well? Or is there a link available? Thanks!

I see now!!! It does become available at noon!!

The waitlist will go live next week on November, 13 at Noon PST via indisc.com. The smash.gg site unfortunately doesn’t have any waitlist functionality.