Impact of top 20 on SCS

And all those completely authentic selfie scores /s

Still blows my mind that people can earn points towards a world ranking without anyone even verifying that they played the game or it was their score.

2 Likes

Agreed. Who cares if thatā€™s an option with the min? If someone wants to go through all that to meet the min, more power to em.

2 Likes

The point is the rule would be pointless. Making someone go through some motions to easily defeat the rule isnā€™t worth the IFPAā€™s time to put into place.

Iā€™ll volunteer to TD the 5 events from my couch in Chicago and have Werdrick TD the final if he really wanted to play in the NC State final.

With Werdrick hosting IL SCS heā€™s staying home this year.

5 Likes

So is the max. You said so yourself. And proved it with data. Haha

Just my yearly ball busting as we ramp up for SCS. Canā€™t wait!

1 Like

The perception of the max rule made it not pointless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Exact same for the min. I need my placebos Josh!!

The max rule canā€™t be ā€œdefeatedā€ easily because thereā€™s nothing to gain by cheesing events.

The min rule is the easiest thing to cheese since the invention of cheese.

1 Like

Not true around here. Shady TD are running bigger events and those events are drawing more people chasing the big 20+ point win, since they canā€™t get by on just <10 point tournament. Total cheesejob :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To be fair, itā€™s a little harder to cheese than: anyone take a photo of yourself standing in front of a score at any time,and someone who isnā€™t even there can ā€œverifyā€ it. Also, thereā€™s no way to vet who verifies these scores and no way to determine if the scores are even legit.

2 Likes

You can make a point without being a total jerk off

1 Like

My level of snark is in direct correlation to the amount a horse has been beaten to death.

3 Likes

Ugggh here we go again. Calling on the mods to stop this before it gets out of hand.

Iā€™m hopeful the conversation can just move on, but a reminder to everyone to keep it civil in here.

Nope but I kinda want to just b/c it would be a neat way to qualify. I qualified in AL from a single tournament last year but will be staying in CA. I went to NV once when I think I may not have qualified in CA that yearā€¦

1 Like