IFPA14 Discussion (was session #1 groups)

Thank you for confirming. I would like to also use this opportunity to thank everyone involved for making this tournament such a good experience for me. Everything was organised well and moved along smoothly. Thanks to everyone who took the effort to chat with me. ZEN, Paul from Australia, Jochen, Mats (you were on fire!), Greg - thank you for the kind words.

I wanted to win but was also really happy to get to play Trent who is my favorite player and pinball idol. Hopefully it wasn’t too awkward when I told him about it when our match was starting, it was not an attempt to mess with his game or anything. He played an amazing game of Star Trek and I just smiled like a fool while losing 100M to 1M.

Thanks to Olli-Mikko for passing the country spot on to me and for telling me to check the standings when starting day 2. (I had not looked at them at all.) Thanks to Joonas for being the perfect guy to make this trip with. Sorry for your elimination but I don’t think this was your last IFPA. Sorry for being a jerk a few times.

Thanks to K15 in Helsinki for keeping me up to date on all the new machines. I think they would also be very happy to see any of you at K15 Open.

Peace

(Oh and thanks Levi for dubbing me “The Steely Finn”, I think that will stick) :smiley:

7 Likes

Big thanks to @pinwizj, @Smack847, @PressStart, and Brian W (and @Shep in the programming background) for all the work that you collectively put into organizing and running another fun, entertaining, and smooth-running IFPA world championships. It was a privilege and a pleasure to participate for the 2nd time. It’s a great format, and incredibly well-run.

7 Likes