IFPA SCS/PCS: short time to make your decisions

For 2018 there will be some automation in place to help with things, one is to allow Players to pick their CS themselves to save some hassle for the state reps. For those who qualify in multiple, we’ve thought about allowing players to rank their preferred CS so they don’t need to wait and see who falls out or not. This way someone like me, who is 23rd can declare Ohio if I can make it, but can fall back to KY if needed.

3 Likes

I dunno if this quite fits, but I generally qualify in both Maryland and Virginia due to local tournament action, and will usually choose the location I like the best, so I’m not necessarily always going to play Maryland.

Not quite the same, but similar. When getting the finalists for the UK League, players (who have qualified) have until a set date to confirm their attendance, after that there is a recalculation as to who gets bumped up in each region, and they are asked if they are attending, plus those just outside the cut-off. So in effect 2 separate cut offs.

In this example for each State organiser;

I would send invites to each of the confirmed qualifiers for the State I was running.
At the cut-off date, remove all of the drop-outs/no-replies.
Send out further invites to the next highest qualifiers to fill spaces left.

If, as a player, you decide to pass on a confirmed qualification place, to hope for a potential place in your preferred State, and miss out - tough.
The onus should be on the player to make the decision, and keep the State rep’s job as simple as possible.