IFPA Mobile App, Available on Android and iOS - Community Discussion, bug reporting, etc

On 1.09, events are still crashing when I click one.

The issue with new players (players with a low amount of submitted results) is that their efficiency rank is set to ‘Not Ranked’ and the API is throwing an error parsing that string into an integer. I’m working on a fix and it will be in the next version.

1 Like

I’m not able to reproduce this. I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Did that. Worked ok a few times. Changed the distance from the default miles to 125, crashes. Changed it back up to 290 miles, still crashes. Only other tidbit, iOS 11.2.6.

Version 1.0.10 has been posted to the Google Play Store, and is awaiting apple approval on the App Store.

Bug fix for players who did not have an efficiency rank.
Default map/calendar location for Calendar detail page now no longer Rome.
Players without an avatar now show the ‘unknown’ avatar image.

1 Like

This is a great app, thanks! Would be nice to have at least the top 100 (250 would be great) on the first tab. I often scroll through the overall ranking on the website to see where players are shifting around.

1 Like

Are the notifications automatically sent out every time the database is updated?

If you’ve selected a player using the star, you will get notified (assuming you gave the app permission to notify you) when your rank changes or your player id is seen in a new tournament result.

1 Like

it would be cool if there were more options for what notifications I receive. I’d like to be able to change the threshold for whether I receive a notification for ranking changes (I’m not super interested in whether I move 1 spot). I’m personally more interested in changes to State rankings over World rankings. I’d also like to be able to get notifications for whether new results are posted. This may or not be implemented already, but it’s currently not clear to me what notifications are possible. (running iOS, btw)

Keep up the good work!

Notifications for new results are in place. State rankings changes are not tracked because state rankings data is not available in the IFPA api yet.

1.0.12 is now in Google Play and App Store. Mostly changes to the about page (you can’t reference Android in an iOS app, at all). and now you can link out to this thread or to leave a review.

.12 wasn’t showing for me. Closed out of the IFPA app and the App Store, still nothing. Had to uninstall and reinstall to get to .12

On latest version for Android, the player search page is nonfunctional for me. All I see is a white screen, refreshing just spins forever.

It would be nice if the map page didn’t default to 250 miles, or didn’t automatically search once opened. On slower connections, it takes a long time to finish that initial search before the map will update.

Loving this app! thanks!

1 Like

The alignment of the buttons on this page is unacceptable :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoying the app so far.
Care to share any future features you want to implement?

Been working on making the Rankings tab more useful. Thoughts? Or is this filter criteria just a waste of space?

I like the functionality but think it should be able to be hidden.

I liked someone else’s previous suggestion to have it show 50 or so players around my rank

1 Like

Version 1.2.0 is now available in the App Store and Google Play Store.

Rankings Page now contains filter criteria
IFPA News now available from the IFPA blog

1 Like

This is great!
Any plans to have access to State level stats?

1 Like

State rankings are the number one feature request. However they just aren’t available at this time via the IFPA API. As soon as state level data, women’s tourney data, and anything else are in the API, I will implement them

3 Likes

While you cannot get the state rankings leaderboard, you can get state ranking for an individual player. E.g. https://api.ifpapinball.com/v1/player/6 will return that player’s state standings under championshipSeries so you could display that data on player profiles

1 Like