IFPA Mobile App, Available on Android and iOS - Community Discussion, bug reporting, etc

Just an update: I’m still waiting for the latest v2 of the IFPA app to be improved and moved out of beta. I have a 2.0 milestone in development, and a LOT of changes are in place. iPad version, improved visuals, tournament details… But I’m developing all these to be released at once, so we have to wait a bit. @Shep has been awesome, I’m thrilled these new endpoints are out there. I just don’t want to push the app to the store now since the URL is a Beta url and if he makes any changes it might nuke the app for all 1,000 users. So safety first :slight_smile:

Below is a preview of the iPad version and the new design on the details page. (Just a heads up, I am at best a terrible designer)

2 Likes

Don’t be so modest, you’re at least a terrible+ designer.

Love the app and have been enjoying the updates. Keep up the good work.

Pretty sweet little app, congrats!

1 Like

Version 2.0 of the IFPA Companion app is now available on the Google Play store (and hopefully approved on the App Store later today).

North American Championship Series data now available
Directors page now available
Rules page updated
iPad version created
Calendar page visually overhauled with Grid-based calendar
Tournament Results now contains tournament details including Ranking/Rating weighting
Womens and Youth ranking data

edit: forgot to thank @Shep for all his hard work on the API v2. I’ve probably annoyed him with 100 emails since April.

12 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Something weird is going on with the first column.

That IS weird. Can you let me know your phone model number? Thanks Ian!

I’m seeing the same thing on an S9

iPhone works fine!

1 Like

I rolled out a fix that should repair the bug in the Rankings page on Android.

2 Likes

We have a winner!
Just updated. Looks good.

1 Like

API v2 is out?!

Update is great! Love having the NACS and women’s data available on the app.

2 Likes

Some UI thoughts:
On my stats page, the header takes up a lot of room. The only info in there that’s really useful for me is my ifpa#. I don’t need to ever really see my name/city. A possible solution could be similar to how you collapsed the slider on the maps page which I think was a great idea.

im not seeing all these cool new changes!! I am on android 6.0.1

So that’s true for your profile but it’s the same view to view other players and I think that info is important. I might make that panel collapsible in a future update but default it should be open. We’ll see.

1 Like

Hey Ed, not sure if you remember, but we chatted about this at the tourney the day after Pinmasters. I’ve never received any push notifications about change in rank, though you seemed satisfied that I had set it up correctly. You thought it might be something about the data for my specific IFPA user/profile?

Not expecting any big wins anytime soon, so no pressure :slightly_smiling_face:

Android 5.0 and up are supported. I’m not sure the app update sequence for Google Play store but you might want to check to see if you can manually update.

Hey Ryan, I definitely remember. I’ve tried reproducing the issue in my simulators and I can’t. I add you as the selected player, and even set breakpoints in my error traps to see if any of your data is causing the app any issue. It doesn’t appear so. Only thing I can suggest is removing your selected player and re-adding. If it doesn’t fix it, I’m not sure what else to try.

1 Like

got it!!!

been waiting for this update since day one!

Is there anyway you could make a feature that prevents me from looking at the app twenty times a day now that state championship info is available?