Houdini Rulesheet

Update on the Jail Escapes. Still don’t know what all of them are but I know the shots you have to make.

Chicago - Milkcan Loop
London - Key Lane
New York - Ramp
Paris - Trunk

The flipper power can be increased in the game settings. Most have suggested a setting of 21-22 for enough power to make shots but avoid airballs.

1 Like

Sweet, hopefully the ops will figure this out. I’ll pass that info along, thank you!

Thanks Capt! Just need the last one. Where those in order? I have my Houdini set to do the escapes in order. That setting seems to make more sense since the shots are supposed to be in progressively more difficult order on that setting.

I’m pretty sure this escape is in there too.

Sydney - Spinner

I have a correction for this. It is the Key Lane shot that goes through the pops to the red stand up at the back. The Stage Alley shot directs the ball through the pops left to right towards the stage. Making either of these shots, without hitting one of the pop bumpers, will open the stage without having to bash the stage directly multiple times. You still need to shoot the ball into the stage to start the mode.

Also, at least in the newest code releases, the stage only takes one hit to open up for the first stage mode. Subsequent stage modes take multiple hits unless the one of the two shots through pop bumpers is successful.

Thanks lodgingdolphin. I corrected the rules.

On the KISS thread the community of owners came up with a Home Use configuration. Most of the people in the KISS forum thought these settings tweaks made the game much better. What would you say is a better set for home use. By 'home use" I mean mere mortals that are average players who, along with their friends and family would like to eventually get to the end of the game… and yet, maintain the challenge.

My tweaks from factory settings would be as follows to the Feature Settings only:

Stage Difficulty: Easy
Stage Mode Timer from 45 to 60 seconds
King of Cards from 40 to 60 seconds
Jail Escapes Order: Easy to Hard
Jail Escapes Difficulty: Easy

Greetings! I’m about to receive my Houdini pinball and I’m trying to learn as much as I can about the rules and settings before it arrives.

I’m confused by the statement about adjusting the “Stage Mode Timer” from 45 to 60 seconds. I’m reviewing the documentation at Houdini Instructions and I don’t see anything anywhere about a Stage Mode Timer. Is this an omission in the online service manual?

Thank you!
Josh

Never mind, I answered my own question: looks like the Stage Mode Timer was added later via software updating, and the online manual (which is marked “preliminary”) doesn’t include it.

1 Like

Tim, do you want the easter egg details in this wiki?

I think that would be cool. Are you talking about the magic shop top hat things?

I’m talking about Houdini’s coded message from beyond the grave.

1 Like

Any suggestions/adjustments to reduce game times in Houdini for a tournament? I was playing last night and we had games that were 10+ minutes long.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Can the rules be edited? Can’t seem to find the “edit” button.

I’m not sure of the process. Somehow you must earn access. I lamented about this on Pinside and an admin for the site provided me with access. His name was @keefer.

@YeOldPinPlayer, what does it say? Is it morse code?

Hmmm, try editing again… I would’ve thought the top post was a Wiki already, but it let me make it a Wiki, so hopefully it is now a Wiki for reals. :wink:

1 Like

Works now. Thank you!

Now that Expo’s over I’ll get to polishing up the rule sheet.

There’s a few things missing, including the Great Jail Escape and the point bonus you get for playing through all 10 Stage modes. It’s worth potentially 3+ million points and happens without much fanfare.